Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else finding the 1/64 HW Mystery Model cars? I saw some in a special box at two WM I was in today. Each car is in a sealed bag, but there is a clear peep hole at the corner so that if you know what you want, you can see the cars color. Still, some jerks are ripping the bags open to check out the cars. No peg holes on the bags, so you won't find these hanging with the other HW.

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
I don't know if we get those in Canada. We did get the ones on the black carded blisters a couple years ago.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I see the mystery cars but I do not buy them or even pick them to look at em.

You will always see people opening them up as many people want to see what they are buying first before spending the cash on a mystery item.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
FYI - You can also tell what car is inside by looking at the code on the front and matching it against the chart that's on the bag of the bag.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yeah I don't get the concept of that. Is the code really just for people who know to look for it or are people looking for some golden ticket cause I have seen the same open bags. I mean even if you wanted to figure it out you can wiggle the car around in the bag and look through the peep to match the color.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Yeah I don't get the concept of that. Is the code really just for people who know to look for it or are people looking for some golden ticket cause I have seen the same open bags. I mean even if you wanted to figure it out you can wiggle the car around in the bag and look through the peep to match the color.
That's too much trouble for some die cast pigs. They enjoy leaving everything in a mess.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
They are all marked with a number that matches a number and picture on the back of the package. Easy to tell which one is in the bag. Actually a couple of good castings involved.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
They are all marked with a number that matches a number and picture on the back of the package. Easy to tell which one is in the bag. Actually a couple of good castings involved.
I was able to get the COPO 68 Camaro the Hot Wheels Racing 69 Firebird and the 69 Corvette in white.
The Camaro is the toughest to find pluse there are some paint variations of it as well.

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
Nice Mystery Models Guys Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
I find the pictures on the back worthless as to identifying which cars are in the series.
There is a code number on the front of the package, for instance 12/04. Turn the package over and you'll see the list of cars and the numbers that go with them.
I'm not sure how the pictures on the back are worthless.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
There is a code number on the front of the package, for instance 12/04. Turn the package over and you'll see the list of cars and the numbers that go with them.
I'm not sure how the pictures on the back are worthless.
Maybe because the pics are so tiny and are of the art, not the actual casting?

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Mystery cars are a bad idea period, hw's pigs just can't help but rip them open, like the black blisters, put a peephole in the back, they'll rip them open more..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts