Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that SDCC is going to have a Hot Wheels Scooby Doo Mystery Machine..I've also heard it's rumored to come out as a mainline car later this year but have seen no pics except for the SDCC exclusive..

Does anyone know if and when we'll see it on the pegs??

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
We'll see it in the mainline this year - before the end of the 2012 run (typically Octoberish). Mainline wise, I don't think there have been any sneaks of it yet, not mention of a release date.

Like all the other movie cars, I think this thing is going to be HOARDED like crazy. Good luck hunting this one down.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
We'll see it in the mainline this year - before the end of the 2012 run (typically Octoberish). Mainline wise, I don't think there have been any sneaks of it yet, not mention of a release date.

Like all the other movie cars, I think this thing is going to be HOARDED like crazy. Good luck hunting this one down.

I know I will be looking to find a couple one to keep and one to trade or RAOK.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I bet, just talking about that in the K.I.T.T. thread--remember when people bought stuff just because they wanted to enjoy it??? I hate hoarders and scalpers.

So far I have the JL and an AW slot which is by far the nicest MM I've ever seen! Great news that it's hitting the pegs and thanks for the reply...let's hope we can all snag one!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I agree.... They will be hoarded by people who do not collect as they will wait till they can make the most from it....

How we can beat these hoarders is us HTers pick up everyone that we see and share them with us members who like to own one or two for our collection.... The HT member who finds them will have you pay what they paid for it or they can RAOK them away as surprises..... I know I like to own a few if I can find them pegged..... We'll have to wait and see what happens..... I never did find a K.I.T.T. Car but was given a couple by friends who managed to find them pegged, so I am now caught up on the Movie Cars.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
I agree.... They will be hoarded by people who do not collect as they will wait till they can make the most from it....

How we can beat these hoarders is us HTers pick up everyone that we see and share them with us members who like to own one or two for our collection.... The HT member who finds them will have you pay what they paid for it or they can RAOK them away as surprises..... I know I like to own a few if I can find them pegged..... We'll have to wait and see what happens..... I never did find a K.I.T.T. Car but was given a couple by friends who managed to find them pegged, so I am now caught up on the Movie Cars.

I agree with you Dan, and like you I could never find a K.I.T.T. car and RAOK'ed two of them by friends here on the board. One of which is getting packaged up tom for a guy here on HT. I know if I find them I will be getting some for those on the board.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This is well said, I'm new here but I've been collecting for a long time. The idea of taking everything and jacking up the price so a regular person or a kid can't have one is just disgusting.

I never saw a K.I.T.T. on the pegs and had to buy 3 on ebay..I have one open and one on my wall a 3rd is for anyone who might really want one.

For the record I have no problem with buying things up and mailing em out to you guys when I see them...I've only been here a few days but this is seriously the coolest, nicest forum I've ever seen. I was on a few others and couldn't deal with the nonsense...

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
This is well said, I'm new here but I've been collecting for a long time. The idea of taking everything and jacking up the price so a regular person or a kid can't have one is just disgusting.

I never saw a K.I.T.T. on the pegs and had to buy 3 on ebay..I have one open and one on my wall a 3rd is for anyone who might really want one.

For the record I have no problem with buying things up and mailing em out to you guys when I see them...I've only been here a few days but this is seriously the coolest, nicest forum I've ever seen. I was on a few others and couldn't deal with the nonsense...

First of all Seventy7 welcome to the board, and secondly some of the best pieces of my collection I have gotten from guys who send them to me knowing that they are items I collect. Diecastman has added numerous pieces to my collection that I absolutely love. One of the things that I found on Hobby Talk guys like Diecastman, Liv N Low, squimb1, and many other members of Hobby Talk are willing to share what they have and expect nothing in return. So welcome to the fold and I for one look forward to seeing more of your collection.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First of all Seventy7 welcome to the board, and secondly some of the best pieces of my collection I have gotten from guys who send them to me knowing that they are items I collect. Diecastman has added numerous pieces to my collection that I absolutely love. One of the things that I found on Hobby Talk guys like Diecastman, Liv N Low, squimb1, and many other members of Hobby Talk are willing to share what they have and expect nothing in return. So welcome to the fold and I for one look forward to seeing more of your collection.
Thanks for having me! This sounds great and exactly for the crowd I was looking for--I have an intrested in pretty much everything that goes on here..diecast, slots, trains, 1:1...I can't believe it took me this long to find it!

Looking forward to being a part of everything here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Thanks for having me! This sounds great and exactly for the crowd I was looking for--I have an intrested in pretty much everything that goes on here..diecast, slots, trains, 1:1...I can't believe it took me this long to find it!

Looking forward to being a part of everything here. :thumbsup:

I have met a few of the guys in person at the 2012 Las Vegas Super Convention, spent several hours with Liv N Low, met Nickel (Nickelcast), Dipstick, and Sean (M2 Machines) and it was a great time. All of the guys here on HobbyTalk (Chorton, Stangfreak, Liv N Low, Shelly, Mr John, Diecastman, HarryCA, Kiwi, and many others I am proud to call my friends.)

Of all the different forums that I belong to this is the best.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts

Thank you for the kind words..... I personally feel it takes a group effort to win over the insiders / scalpers & hoarders to be able to obtain what we like to own. If us HTers can band together to help each other out, we all can be winners.

What we should do is post up a new thread when these Mystery Machines start hitting the pegs and have everyone who wants 1 or 2 MMs post on the thread.... Lets not get greedy with wanting 4-5 of them as we all are trying to help each out from the beginning as we do not know if these will be low production pcs or mass marketed that we would get sick and tired of seeing them pegged. Just my view on trying to help each out.

Oh, and Welcome to the board Seventy7 :wave:

Yes this Forum is the best on the Net over many other sites as it has the most friendliest people and the most traffic for that diecast collector. :p

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, and Welcome to the board Seventy7 :wave:

Yes this Forum is the best on the Net over many other sites as it has the most friendliest people and the most traffic for that diecast collector. :p
Awesome! and thanks!

Yeah I don't wanna bash other forums or anything but a few times I asked a couple of questions and they weren't the most helpful people--I actually ran into a guy scanning the pegs the other day, we started chatting and he said the same thing about the same forum.

I'm just about having a good time with good people..making friends and enjoying a hobby that's fun and an escape from the "real world" everyday.

Speaking of questions..does anyone know I can add a custom avatar?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I have met a few of the guys in person at the 2012 Las Vegas Super Convention, spent several hours with Liv N Low, met Nickel (Nickelcast), Dipstick, and Sean (M2 Machines) and it was a great time. All of the guys here on HobbyTalk (Chorton, Stangfreak, Liv N Low, Shelly, Mr John, Diecastman, HarryCA, Kiwi, and many others I am proud to call my friends.)

Of all the different forums that I belong to this is the best.
Thank you Brotha :wave: This hobby always bring many people together and makes the bestest of friends no doubt. Next time you hear a knock at your door it may be me. Oh great :rolleyes:, as I re-think that over.... You're probably thinking to yourself :rolleyes: - I need to change my address & phone #..... hahahahaa :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Speaking of questions..does anyone know I can add a custom avatar?
I am not too sure you can add a custom avatar to this forum as I think I tried before and wasn't very successful..... You will have to click on Settings and then edit avatar.... Not too sure if you can add your own pix.... If their is a way i like to add a custom pix from my pc or photobucket

·
Registered
202 Posts
I see that SDCC is going to have a Hot Wheels Scooby Doo Mystery Machine..I've also heard it's rumored to come out as a mainline car later this year but have seen no pics except for the SDCC exclusive..

Does anyone know if and when we'll see it on the pegs??
Not a HW Premiere but it already hit the pegs in Singapore since last week.

Pix borrowed from a friend of mine.

·
Premium Member
9,254 Posts
Nice Custom 1977 Dodge Van Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I agree there are some great guys on here. I myself have helped quite a few folks out and have had folks help me out. Check the persons number (feedback) and you will see who these guys are. I cant/dont hunt as much as I used to but still on occasion find some desirable pieces and help folks out. I like it when folks are not really asking for a particular piece, they are just stating that they cant find it. If I can help them I will offer it up.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Not a HW Premiere but it already hit the pegs in Singapore since last week.

Pix borrowed from a friend of mine.
There is supposedly a NEW casting of the Scooby Doo van that isn't just a repaint of some previous casting like the Dodge Van you have there. There was a picture in another thread of this future release.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts