Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
DaCustomizer said:
what is the code for? and what happends when you crack? it?
I think he means all the mystery cars come in the black blisters so you cant see what car it is....

but....

on the back of the card, there is a code...and the code may be able to tell you what car is in the black blister, cuz u cant see the car itself...and there are supposed to be multiple different cars in this mystery series...but I don't think there are any TH's in these, are there?

·
Registered
164 Posts
OK, so my local TRU had a bunch of the Mystery Cars. As there are 24, and I'm curious, I bought five. I got four of the 'Cudas!! :( The one is a white w/ red flames What-4-2 that I've seen before. Anybody want a 'Cuda??

As an aside, I noticed a pattern in the codes. The codes on all four 'Cudas start with CF7 or CF9. The What-4-2's code starts with CEY.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
?? My 2 cents...24 cars...I got 2 Cudas...CE9 both....
CE1????
CE2????
& so on it doesn't matter on the lettering part I guess it's the number

9 must be the Cudas???? I will not buy any more until the codes are busted,don't want to waste $$$$$$......

·
Registered
458 Posts
The description given to me about these:

"INSTEAD OF A CLEAR BUBBLE, IT IS BLACKED OUT. ON THE BACK, THERE IS A CODE WHICH LATER THIS YEAR, YOU CAN GO TO THE HOT WHEELS SITE AND FIND OUT WHAT IS IN YOUR PACKAGE."

·
Registered
164 Posts
WLRay said:
?? My 2 cents...24 cars...I got 2 Cudas...CE9 both....
CE1????
CE2????
& so on it doesn't matter on the lettering part I guess it's the number

9 must be the Cudas???? I will not buy any more until the codes are busted,don't want to waste $$$$$$......
Mine Cudas also had a 7 in the code. It seems the Cudas have numbers in the third position.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Doesn't anyone look at the Hot Wheels site?

Here is what Mattel has to say:

Mystery™ Car Series
Everything’s a surprise with this all-new segment. Each car will be packaged in a blacked-out blister, so you’ll have no idea what’s inside without opening it up. Go ahead! Weigh it. Shake it. Just TRY to figure it out. Because you’re dying to know, we’ll give you some hints:
  • 24 models, none of which are in the other segments.
    [*]Cars with different levels of production.
    [*]Codes on the back of every package
    . These codes identify the car inside the package and could be released on the web later in the year so you don’t have to open the package—if you’ve got the willpower to wait!
The beauty of this segment is you don’t have to wait until 2007 to get a preview. You can check out the first two at a TRU promotion planned for September. And in case you’re wondering, which we know you are, we’ll continue the Mystery™ car program under a different name. If you buy 20 cars in one quarter, you’ll get a free car. And if you buy in all four quarters, you’ll get a 5th car! We don’t have a new name for the program, so we want you to send us some ideas of what to name it. We’ll pick our favorites!

Clark :D

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
Just another way to try to get your money by Mattel.

Sorry Mattel, I won't be buying any.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts