Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well truck. I get these little boxes in the mail all the time since I found ebay last spring. Today was the WL 1950 Ford F-1 and the Q car roadster... but, also in the 3rd box was the 29 Ford model A pickup. I didnt order it. Not sure where it came from ( I open cars at work and toss the boxes in dumpster so couldnt check address). Now I've been known to buy a few "after I had a few" but checked ebay records and not there. I'm sure it wasnt here. And this is the second time this month. Oh well, driving me nuts but hey... I'll take it. This happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
bob8748 said:
Well truck. I get these little boxes in the mail all the time since I found ebay last spring. Today was the WL 1950 Ford F-1 and the Q car roadster... but, also in the 3rd box was the 29 Ford model A pickup. I didnt order it. Not sure where it came from ( I open cars at work and toss the boxes in dumpster so couldnt check address). Now I've been known to buy a few "after I had a few" but checked ebay records and not there. I'm sure it wasnt here. And this is the second time this month. Oh well, driving me nuts but hey... I'll take it. This happen to anyone else?
Bob

Your Fest Thank you car is in that box. They are in baggies, not a blister so sift through the packaging. The pick-up was a bonus because of your nice bid for charity. It is autographed by Hot Rod Al Pletcher. If you look on the blister you should see a "AP" on it. That is how Al signs his cards. Glad to hear you got your box after all. I have been so busy with Fest and was out from last Wednesday on, I never made the connection. Enjoy #15 and thanks again.

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, thats what happened. I opened the box and pulled out Hot Rod Al's car not knowing where it came from and tossed the box. So lets see, 10 days at 300 lbs of trash per day, providing the dumpster hasnt been removed... worth a shot! This has got to be a first in the hobby, bought a one of a kind and trashed it!

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Ouch, I keep telling my wife there is a reason I have 300 boxes in my garage, and I think I just found it.

Hope you have good luck finding it. This isn't what the hunt is supposed to be like!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dumpster is emptied twice a week, this morning as a matter of fact. From now on every box gets emptied completely. A Led Zepplin song comes to mind... Nobodys fault but mine. On the bright side, Hot Rod Al's car is pretty cool. Even my friends thought it was sweet when they seen it. So I did come away with an autographed car.
Feeling a little sick again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts