Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well figured i would make a video showing off the product i use to remove tampos. its called tarminator and works great. of course when i make videos i get all nervous and say stupid stuff then watch it afterwards and realize i said something wrong...ah well! but anyways hope this helps people out who dont want to take the chance of removing paint from the diecast instead of the tampo which is very possible with other methods....thanks for watching!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not a problem! forgot to add as well you can use mr.johns idea of using the un-marker just fill it with the tarminator.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Looks nice and easy to me. I wish I had thought about Q-Tips! I used acetone applied with an old soft rag on my Chevy. Once it was gone, I polished it by hand with Meguair's machine glaze. I want to try Mr. John's reworked marker trick some time too, if I can find an old, used-up marker to modify for the job.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
you can find tarminator at local auto parts stores(some will have it some wont) the one i know for sure stocks it is advance auto. im sure other parts stores will but i would call before hand or use their site search. stoner makes some good products so if your into keeping your car clean order a multi pack and try some other products out. also this stuff does not stink like acetone or thinner or what have you does. it has a citrus smell to it. smell is another thing that makes me stick with this as thinner or acetone in areas with not much ventilation is not good.

also corvair i dont know if you know this but, megs #3 machine glaze has no abrasive qualities, the polishing action(abrasiveness) will come from what your using to polish with. its just a filler that fills fine scratches and enhances gloss... i prefer a true polish the duragloss i just tried out recently but before i would use mothers professional foam pad polish then some sort of sealant(not a wax as it attracts dust more). just some tips on that!.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool deal eagle! hope it works out for you. now i will say some tampos you wont be able to remove with it but matchbox tampos remove easier then HW tampos but depends on how many layers of color it has as this stuff works from each layer down. just some things ive experienced using it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts