Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my build up of the 1/537 AMT Reliant. My colors aren't exactly correct, but I had to use what I had on hand at the time and I settled for what I deemed close enough. Let me know what you guys think as I am going to build another one of these when I move to my new house and I am going to light it. So this one was just a quick time wasting project to have some fun with. I didn't apply the aztec because I got halfway through this build and just wanted to get it done so I skipped the aztec this time. I thought it turned out pretty well all together. What do you think? Thanks for your interest. I am going to be building another PL refit soon and I'll try to post some pics during the build. Here are my reliant pics...

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/zenomorp/Reliant%20Build/

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thanks. I will. I can only hope to achieve the awesome level of aztec you did to yours. I would suggest that you use LED's to light yours instead of light bulbs because they only last 3-4 years as opposed to LED's that last almost 20. Plus, they don't have the "yellow" look that bulbs have. Your build still is awesome. I just was wondering why you would do such a fantastic job with the entire process and sacrifice on the lighting. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks about the aztec, not at all as good as some of the others. I agree with you about the lighting, it really annoyed me about the yellow but I didn't know what else to do. I just couldn't find any small LEDs. I did look at radio shack and found some 3mm but they didn't quite fit, what I could have done is get the saucer expand thing to make it thicker so i could light it more easily but that required more green. I probably could have found them online, on e-Bay or something. I might build another one later this year and I will take your suggestions. Thanks for comments and input. I really like your PL refit, I hope mine turns out half as good...you did such a great job it really looks great, love the aztec. I saw a few shots but would like to see more of the done shots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts