Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just found this forum yesterday.Great site you all have here.I spent most of the morning reading alot of posts that interested me.I've been visiting another forum(not to be mentioned) and theres hardly any posts there.Seems kinda dried up.Anyway i just got back into slots since i was a young boy and man have we been havin' fun.I bought a Tomy Big Block Battlers home set and added a FEW lengths of track to it.A few weeks ago we built a 4'X11' table to set it up on.We also picked up 24 cars-Wizzards-G3s-Tyco's & many G3 chassied SG+cars.Man whata blast.We race on Thurs. & Fri. nights.Its just a buddy & i so the two lanes are plenty for now.I've got some Parma Econo controllers coming too.Might pick up a Tomy Super International 4 lane later on and build a four laner! Heres some pics!!! :)

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
RiderZ said:
Heres a few more pics of our set-up & cars! :) Enjoy

See I am not the only light bending open wheel fan.. And pic 3 is even more proof we don't all snap our front wings off..! Thanks for sharing the pics and welcome to the board!

Coach

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Welcome! :wave:

Nice stable of cars. What, no pancake motors? (he says, not really sure of what a pancake motor actually is, but if I am going to welcome somebody, I need to act like I know things).

Ah heck...if you have read posts here you probably know I am new to this hobby and just trying to learn.

(adds bar stools to the list of things he needs for his in-progress track)

Scaf

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Scafremon said:
Welcome! :wave:

Nice stable of cars. What, no pancake motors? (he says, not really sure of what a pancake motor actually is, but if I am going to welcome somebody, I need to act like I know things).

Ah heck...if you have read posts here you probably know I am new to this hobby and just trying to learn.

(adds bar stools to the list of things he needs for his in-progress track)

Scaf

Sheesh...a pancake moter is when you coat your armature in a light dusting of bisquik...then over oil it...... :cool:

*snicker* :tongue:

Ok...I'm kidding....a pancake is any motor with a verticle axis armature rather than a horizontal one...

X-tracks, T-jets, .....pancakes...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Pancakes...Did someone say pancakes..I will bring the aunt Jamima..LOL

Coach..What are wings?? Mine never last long enough to even see one..

Nice lookin track there and a good looking corral of ponies..

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
The layout looks fast and fun with a great choice of cars to select from. I just pickup a pair of Wizzard P3's. All I can say is WOW. I thought the LL T chassis were stuck like glue. The P3's are unreal.

Welcome!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments guys.We do have a few AW pancake motored cars but they seldom see track time.We are into speed as this is a pretty fast track with the two 11' front & back stretches.I would like to check out some G-Jet's or Thunderstorm cars for some slip-slidin' fun!I think the Wizzard P3 Extreme cars are our fastest with the BSRT G3's a CLOSE second.The SG+ cars run pretty decent with some AJ's hubs & silicones. :hat:

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Looks great and welcome back to the hobby. With a table that size and all that open area, you're gonna need to graduate to a four lane version soon. You can't deny it. You've taken the first step by seperating the power to your respective lanes on a two laner. Next will come the additional piece inventory and needs list. It's all downhill from there. I know, I started out with two lanes. :eek: rr

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes i am seriously thinking of going for 4 lanes.Been looking at the Tomy Super International set-up.Today i received my Parma 45 ohm Econo controllers.For a temporary hook up to try them out i just spliced them into the stock connectors.This weekend i will do a better connection.I'm not real sure on how to hook up the red/brake wire.I've seen the diagrams but- i never claimed to be an electrician.Although im sure its very simple.Could anyone give any clear direction on this.Pics would be a bonus on the wiring.Also got two more SG+'s and the much needed BSRT G3 chassis. :)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
doubledeuce said:
The layout looks fast and fun with a great choice of cars to select from. I just pickup a pair of Wizzard P3's. All I can say is WOW. I thought the LL T chassis were stuck like glue. The P3's are unreal.

Welcome!

Welcome to the dark side...wait till you try out the storm... ;)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
RiderZ said:
This weekend i will do a better connection.I'm not real sure on how to hook up the red/brake wire.I've seen the diagrams but- i never claimed to be an electrician.Although im sure its very simple.Could anyone give any clear direction on this.Pics would be a bonus on the wiring.
What are your plans for a better connection? I ask because if you are thinking about driver stations, there are some good threads here on those. And if you are doing driver stations, then a hard wired power tap (even using your stock wall-wart transformer) is something to consider. If you are then going that far, brakes are easier to wire up, since you will have terminals available to wire the brake wire to.

But, if you just want to get that brake wire connected to your current set-up, you just need to connect it to the negative side of your track power. Having said that, your current power connection (using the std power track, and being flipable to change direction) I think throws a wrench into that.

The warning in the following thread I believe would be applicable.

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=153783

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today i hard wired my Parma controllers into my track.I took the easy route and just used some crimp eyelets tightened down to some screws.I soldered the power wires onto the power strips on the bottom of the track.Works good and only cost me about $5.I also spliced in some fuses on the power.I put them in between the wall wart and the track connection.I have 15 amp fuses in there now.Should i go lower or higher on the fuse amperage??? :confused:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my parts in the mail today for a couple of my 440X2's.I added some HP electrical systems with adjustable brush tubes-Phase2 polymer trac mags & independant front ends.And a couple new lexan bodies to go on them.Put them together this evening and ran a few easy laps with them-they run damn good.Also really liking the brake with the Parma Econo's i got wired up over the weekend.Heres a few pics. :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More bodies

Painted up two more bodies.I switched the other bodies to some P3's so i needed a couple for the G3's.I kinda mixed-matched the paint jobs. :drunk:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just ordered a Tomy Super International set to build a 4-laner.Trying to figure out how to get the longest lanes possible on my 4'X11' table.My track now consists of the Tomy B-B-B set with ten more 15" straights.I think i might box up the B-B-B set and put it on ebay.I'll keep all of the extra 15" straights i bough and use them for the 4-lane setup! :tongue:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts