Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been some time since my last post on this build and that was over in the Model Lighting forum, "Lighting my Cylon Raider". I asked Henry to merge the two over here, at least I think I did.....:p One thing I did was add some flat black to his mouth vent, IMHO the CGI is bland, so this is my take on a great kit that I thought I wouldn't buy, not alot of F/X to add to it once the sweeping eye and flickering engine effect was done..... I did add a gun effect that is triggered when someone moves in front of it, the bump in the front of the base is a passive Infrared switch. Not happy with the sound file I used but it's impossible to get a clean sound effect from the show. Does anyone have one.......:eek: I posted a short video on YouTube, I hope this link works.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooh. The gun light and sound effects are really cool. The stand is neat as well.
Thank you for the kind words, it was a nice kit to work on, just surprised that there hasn't been more people posting their builds......

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Isn't technology wonderful.Special effects works especially well in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.It would be interesting to put a simple starry space background in the back of it next time.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't technology wonderful.Special effects works especially well in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.It would be interesting to put a simple starry space background in the back of it next time.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you for thinking I know what I'm doing.....:p Joking aside, I'm glad you liked it. Sometime when I get done with an idea I'm not sure I should post it because it might be just too dorky. Again, thank you.....:wave:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Now that is really cool! I don't think I would have used green light for the base though. (I would have used red, to give more of a "flying through a Base Star " feel.) But the green looks eerie and great! One question: can you make the eye/engine lights work without the sound or gun effects? Although awesome, the sound could get irritating after hearing it 500 times in a row, or say, going to the can in the middle of the night. (See Dennis Leary's bit about the Darth Vader bank to understand what I mean.)

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Now that is really cool! I don't think I would have used green light for the base though. (I would have used red, to give more of a "flying through a Base Star " feel.) But the green looks eerie and great! One question: can you make the eye/engine lights work without the sound or gun effects? Although awesome, the sound could get irritating after hearing it 500 times in a row, or say, going to the can in the middle of the night. (See Dennis Leary's bit about the Darth Vader bank to understand what I mean.)
Thank you very much......:wave: I will post a new video when the red "Breathing LED" effect is in, I had hoped to have had that circuit in and working sooner but I had to spend this weekend painting two Chariot
canopies that somehow never got done, I'll just say, No good deed goes
unpunished......:drunk: As for the sound effects, take a good look at picture
three in my first post and you'll see three switches on the rear of the base, one is a pushbutton to change the sweep effect for the eye, the other two are for main power and gun effect power. Yes, the effect can get old.......:p

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Love the build and the lights and sound. Really nice work and I see you went for the clean look. I always get yelled at when i do that!:) Hey at some point they had to be new, right?:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts