Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[image]http://members.cox.net/micyou3/10-09-04Table.jpg[/image]

Well, I think I have mentioned my table expansion in previous posts. I finaly made some real progress today. Its all ready for a couple coats of latex. I sanded the table. Mixed the paint. Went to get my paint roller and no rollers refills. I guess I will have to wait til Monday now ans my day is full tommorow.

I went with a 5' X 12' The painted piece is 4' X 8', and was my train and slot car board from when I was a teenager in the mid 1970s. I added around it because I had no way to get 4' wide pieces of plywood home never mind a 4' X 8' piece. And I don't like cutting plywood.

I am going to set up 1/43rd now and at some point I will make a huge HO Layout. I always wanted a huge HO table. I may even try HO first. We'll see.

I am very impressed with the size. Here is a pic.

The milk crates are no holding up the table and have nothing to do with the table.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
That'll be a nice sized layout....... I'm hoping to be able to build my table within a couple weeks........at least that'll be a start for me...lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey Mike,
Been a while since I talked to ya. The project looks like its coming along well. Yer approaching this real similar to how we built our tracks, having to build your own plywood and stuff since they dont make it in these sizes. My track is 5 1/2' x 10' and I put it on wheels so I could roll it over the top of my wifes 4x8 pool table so it doesnt take up as much room in my shop. My brother in law has 3 tracks and all of them fold up against the wallin his shop and 2 0f them are as big or bigger than mine. Keeps his shop very clean and functional for other things. Have fun with it! Circle Track DAC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts