Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three weeks after Christmas, I today received a Secret Santa package from someone I know was being kind-hearted and stepped in where the original SS failed.

Our own Boogievanman.

B sent me a nice little package that got thoroughly inspected and mangled by some super duty Customs Inspectors (not really a matter of whether it was theirs or ours, I'd say they BOTH got their big mitts on this package!).

Inside were a handful of BWF Hot Wheels, as well as a '69 Super Bee from Classic Gold, and the Auction Insanity GN - which, oddly enough, I had never come across and was badly needing . The cards were somewhat mangled, as our boys in blue weren't nearly as cautious in packing as Booger was, but they have a special place in my collection non the less.

What came next was simply too good to be true.

Three one of a kind BWF customs by the Boogieman!

There was a "Zingerized" '66 Goat and 442, as well as a "Spoiler-ized" 57 Chevy Nomad. Now, before you ask the inevitible question, allow me:

While the pic doesn't show it, all three of Brent's customs suffered damage at the hands of the customs folks, who look like they rolled these cars around on the floor for a while - on their roofs! All three had some sort of paint damage on their roofs, the worst being the '57 Nomad. The 442 actually lost its cowl, as well.

Fear not, BWF lovers. We here at the Carnut Johnny Lightning Museum and Bar & Grill BWF Wing hope to use our resources by contacting the Dadvball Zingerizer Restoration Company - who have done some great BWF/Zingerizing work for us in the past - to possibly work their magic in returning these beauties to the condition B. originally shipped them out in. :thumbsup:

In spite of being disappointed that several HT members got stiffed in the Secret Santa deal this year, I'm proud that many many HT members stepped in to correct the oversights and "save the day".

Thank you Brent, and kudos to all of you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Rich, Great SS package (even if it wasn't really secret)
It sucks that they got scratched up (I can see it in the pix)
That BWF Zingerized 442 looks VERY cool. :cool:
BTW....it's not a Nomad, although you're not the only one to call it one. That's Jesse's '57 Handyman's wagon. (note the angle of the B pillars)
Kinda like the way Boogie painted the roof, and yet, I love the original flake paint, too.

Oh, and the cowl that the 442 lost? Part of the hood.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Okay first things first I am not a sub, Zach emailed me your name. It was mailed before X-mas but obviously by your description Claven needed a punching bag to deal with the X-mas rush I guess, sorry man that really sucks. You can't tell in the pics except that on spot on the wagon's roof
- that was me , that thing used to have a orange roof, any who glad it made sorry it was all bunged up.

btw wasn't that I Coronet I sent?

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BOOGIEVANMAN said:
Okay first things first I am not a sub, Zach emailed me your name. It was mailed before X-mas but obviously by your description Claven needed a punching bag to deal with the X-mas rush I guess, sorry man that really sucks. You can't tell in the pics except that on spot on the wagon's roof
- that was me , that thing used to have a orange roof, any who glad it made sorry it was all bunged up.

btw wasn't that I Coronet I sent?
B, I'm sorry, I honestly thought I had been one of the "overlooked" members, and thought you were stepping up to cover for it. Not a problem that it was past Christmas as long as I know I wasn't "missed". Those cars were well worth waiting for, and we all know how horrible U.S./Canadian Mail can be.

The BWFs were awesome, and I'll put a call in to Dadvball like I said, and see if he can help out with his incredible talents (being that he's so close and all).

Rob, thanks for pointing out the '57 oversight for me, as well. I have the very car in front of me as this is typed, and I see the B pillar now. It's my very first custom BWF Muscle Machines!!!!!

There was some kind of loose piece on that 442 that wound up inside the passenger cabin, haven't gotten it out yet to see what it is. Actually, it appears to be the dashboard! BTW, I forgot to mention that the body and chassis were actually seperated in transit as well. :drunk:

Thanks again for a really cool Secret Santa package, Booger! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts