Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I went to the local Public Library and talked with the Librarian in charge of window displays and presented her with the idea of doing a Star Trek display for the month of January that would include my ST models and their ST books. She loved the idea and on January 4th, I'll be going there to arrange the window. I'm also allowed to put a little sign up saying something along the lines of "You too can build kits like these at Monster Hobbies!".

She was telling me that they can get upwards of 10 000 visitors to the Library in a month, which is far better than what my store gets. Also, there's a lot of kids and parents who don't even know my store exists, even though they live in this town. Hopefully it will get them in here.

For the display, I think I'll show these kits :

I'm also planning to finish my model kit of the TOS Bridge, The Constitution and the Constellation (or will it be the Excalibur?).

So if you're in town, come have a look!

·
Registered
664 Posts
That's great Trevor, great for the hobby and hopefully business. I have a annual gig at our library with the Aurora Monsters on Halloween, fun stuff and I'm always surprised at how well they are received. It never hurts to ask.
Model On.
Rob
Monster Model Review.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Congratulations on you new display, MCR!!!!:thumbsup:
Be sure to take pics so we can see! What a great way to help get kids interested in the hobby.

BTW, When the display's over, you could always send them to me for display in my living room:D

A.U.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
I'm happy for you, Trevor, and yet, there's a more appropriate Sci-Fi subject to base your display on, given that date. January 4, 2010 will mark the seventy-sixth anniversary of the first appearance of the newspaper strip, Flash Gordon. One can only imagine what Ming the Merciless would have to say about having his anniversary getting usuped by Star Trek...

"Bring me the Earthman, MadCap Romanian, dead or alive!!"

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats! That is awesome.

The Plainfield NH Library asked my son Jordan to put on a display of some of his Star Trek collectibles to be timed for when my "Star Trek The Collectibles" Book came out back in October/November of 2008, so I know how cool that kind of display can be at a library.

I will look forward to seeing some pics of your display sometime in January :)

Steve

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Getting more things together. Soon I should have the bridge done and I managed to pull my Galilleo II out of storage and fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts