Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her first try at painting a model....My Brother-in-law got the bug to start building some of his monster models,he'll build them she'll paint them.I don't think it's too bad for the first time.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
First time?..............:eek:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Mcdee

·
Oxidation Genius
31,283 Posts
GREAT for a first time!
Just buy her some dullcoat. ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
First time painting a model? Some people just got the gift for doing this, cause that definitely has the making of great future potential.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Lovely work. I agree with the others about the shine. It looks like the studio's sprinkler system went off... Adding a coat of clear flat will make her perfect. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Regards,
MattL

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My sis-in-law was over tonight,I told her about Dull Cote.I think I'll just pick it up for her.I told her it was a bit too glossy.I showed her my Three Stooges model,I sprayed it with a flat matte lacquer,looks good.She said she liked the flat better than the gloss.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Very nice job, particularly for a newbie. And I am in total agreement about it desperately needing a spray of Dull Cote. You can pick it up at Michael's if you have one nearby for 40% off if you go to their website and print the coupon. Michael's doesn't have too much in the way of hobby supplies but I get almost all my Dull Cote there.

·
Registered
722 Posts
This is beautiful work! The wood grain is very realistic as well as the stone's in the wall. Excellent choice of colors on the figures, and the shading is perfect! Outstanding job for a first time, very well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mike :wave:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
If sister-in-law now agrees a dull finish is better, then this is very promising. You should run a poll, WLRay: 'What kit would you like my sister-in-law to build next?'!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey! This is my first post here! I would agree that Sis did a great job on her Bride kit! This kit is what has gotten me interested in modeling again. It's a gem!

There are two elements of her paint job that caught my eye, the addition of the tan colors in the stone wall was very nice and very subtle AND what did she use for the bottles and the beakers? I really like the liquid look of the colors she used. Could you ask her for us? Could we even see a closer picture of the wall and beakers?

And while she is being urged to use Dull Cote --- and I agree and prefer a matte finish --- will the Dull Cote have an adverse effect on the clear parts? I can't recall ever using it on a kit that had clear parts.

But, again, well done!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts