Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry guys.

I didn't think that my last few posts were bothering you so much.
Maybe they are overkill, I don't know, but if they are, I again appologize.

I'm just excited because after 3 years in business, I've finally got a web site up and running. It's a major accomplishment for me, especially to find a free web site as well. I had people telling me for 3 years that they would build me a web site for $1000 and up to $10 000. I didn't even know free websites existed, you know? So for all that time, I never attempted to build a web site in fear that I would go broke. So forgive my exhuberance in posting links to what I just built, with my own 2 hands, for free.

So finally, I find a free web site and now that I have established myself in cyberland, so to speak, I have the task of filling up page after page of inventory from my shelves into the computer. Believe me, with 1800 Sq Feet of stuff, it will take a while, to say the least.

Since I sell the stuff that goes with the whole monster models theme, I thought some of you would appreciate that and like to know that I have spent the time and effort to alerted you that I finally placed YOUR types of items on my web page FIRST.

I'm working hard to get my web site up and running in order to not only show you what I have, but to possibly talk to many of you who might be starting out with your own business, be it plastic models, resin kits or whatever, to possibly hook up together to carry some of your products in our store. I would like to help promote you as well, you know?

If that's not what you want to do, then I am hoping that telling you that there are free web sites out there and that there are famous people on MY space that might be interested in what you have to offer might be of better help to you. From my own experiance, I wasn't told anything about business. I have had to discover all this on my own and I have had a struggle to keep my business running even up to now.

If I had someone tell me these things back in 2004 instead of looking for ways to empty my pockets, I would have been 1000 times ahead of the game. I wouldn't have spent all my time and money running radio ads, printing newspaper articles, which 9 out of 10 families probably threw away. Most of the things I tried possibly gained me 10% of the local market. Yet I still pound away at it and I didn't give up. I also don't want to see any of you guys falling into the same traps.

So that's why I'm excited about what I'm doing. Trying to show you guys what can be accomplished for free, trying to teach you guys that there are ways to get your own business established without going bankrupt, as I was told before hand, and finally, to show you what I have for sale.

But honestly, put yourself in my position. This store of mine is honestly something that I dreamed of doing for a long time. I was trained as a body man from Technical College. When I graduated, it was right at the worst time and place. British Columbia in the 1990's. I couldn't get a job anywhere in my field because of the economy at the time. I ended up doing jobs outside of my field and eventually, I ended up as a grinder in a steel foundry. All that metal dust was killing me, so I opened up the hobby store so I could carry on living.

The store is my passion, much like many of you love aurora models, movie monsters, or painting figures. Now, if any one of you posted your progress pics and links to those photos on a daily basis, then there would be no problems, right? I bet 99% of you would enjoy it too much to even complain.

Therefore, if I post my web site progress, can't you be a little happy for me too?

Again, I didn't mean to overkill myself, to annoy you, or upset you all together. I also didn't think that I would end up posting myself into non-existance with the majority of you now turning against me, or becoming indifferent to what I have to say. That's not really where I want to be.

I've been on this bulleten board for a few years now. I've added what I know to many of your posts to try to help you out in the past. There are certian things I can't tell you about building kits and so on because I haven't had time to do any myself recently and even if I had something to say on the subject, it's probably allready been posted before 50 times or more. I also don't want to send the wrong message on how to do something, you know?

I also respect your opinions, especially Dabblers and all the other friends I've made here over time. It's important for me to know I'm on the right track, you know?

So again, I'm sorry for being a pest and when I get the web site finished, I'll post the link, once and for all. Then you guys can book mark it or whatever and I'll leave it at that.

In the meantime, I'll try and post model kit posts and respond to some of your posts.

I again appologize,
Mad Cap Romanian

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
hey Mad Cap , i for one , am excited for you and look forward to visiting the site when you get it going .
i checked out the store pics you posted a while back and enjoyed seeing what you guys are up to .
one question . have you been in touch with the new companies like Moebius and Monarch ? i figure the more outlets there are getting these kits for us in the hobby the better .
wishing ya the best .
hb

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
:rolleyes: Sadly, at this stage I have few feathers left to ruffle...sigh..! ( add Chris W. hair joke here______________________ ! )

But as I told Madcap in a PM, some jerk on another BB gave him static but I didn't think OUR guys did or would. MC took it to heart,thus the mea culpas.
Dabbler

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
'Raul' is obviously a troll. If you let every troll you encounter on boards get under your skin like that, soon you'll be screaming into pillows

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
the Dabbler said:
:rolleyes: Sadly, at this stage I have few feathers left to ruffle...sigh..! ( add Chris W joke here______________________ ! )

But as I told Madcap in a PM, some jerk on another BB gave him static but I didn't think OUR guys did or would. MC took it to heart,thus the mea culpas.
Dabbler
Feathers? Ruffled? Mine look fine... at least for a FINK! Don't take stuff like that to heart, man. That is WAY cool what you are doing and don't let anyone trample you. I let stuff like that bounce off. I have been reading all of your posts and checking out your shop too and it looks real cool! I will be contacting you sometime in the future bout some stuff. If they wanna eat up time with negativity then @#%$ 'em!

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, you guys ROCK!

Please sign my guest book at my site.

Speaking of Raul, he wanted to be my friend on My Space. Like I really want to be associated with him after that.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I don't see any issues, either, Trevor. Why would anyone be bothered...? I mean, unless there were rules at a forum that expressely forbade such posting of a site, it shouldn't matter to anyone else.

BTW, if I may suggest - why don't you add your website URL to your Profile? That way folks will see it when they check out your profile.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,295 Posts
I ... don't even know what's going on. :freak:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hey Madcap,

Just read the message you posted on the other site. It sounds as though Raul
has upset other people on the site and makes a hobby of Pi#*ing people off. I wouldn't let people like that bother you. As long as it doesn't stop you posting to this site, I wouldn't even give it another thought!

Ochronosis - Your friend from accross the pond

1 - 17 of 17 Posts