Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some cars I just got done. Some were regular line cars with factory tampo paint removed and decals added. Some were beat up old warriors that I worked down to bare metal and restored to what they look like now.

The Hot Wheels Porsche 911gt2 just has some decals applied.

This TootsieToy Jaguar D-Type was a complete mess last month when I rescued it.
Stripped to bare metal, steel wool treatment, minor filing down of high spots. Primed, painted and decals installed. A little hand painted headlights and cockpit ..

These TootsieToy Jaguar D-Types were also basket cases.
Stripped to bare metal, steel wool treatment, minor filing down of high spots. Primed, painted (British Racing Green) and decals installed. A little hand painted headlights and cockpit.

Hot Wheels Datsun 510. This was the RED one with those funky wheels. I used some JL Import Heat tires and wheels. changed the tampo, added some decals. Only thing wrong is the tires don't roll because the glue was not totally dry as I got impatient.

Another Hot Wheel regular line car. The BMW 2000. Tampo's removed, new decals applied. Waiting for some minor paint detailing in the grill and rear light area.

A pair of Matchbox Porshe 914's with new decals. Also waiting for some detailing painting.

Another Matchbox to be added to the Jagermeister family in my collection. This is the Formula 5000. Was a total wreck (no sticker left, chipped paint, bent axles etc). Total strip to bare metal, prime, repainted some modifications to the front axle holes to accept a new axle. The rear tires are from a Hot Wheels 100% car trailer, the front wheels/tires are from a Nutmeg Collectibles Northeaster DIRT car. Detail painted the air intakes and painted the air box orange also.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Outstanding!!! Of course the subject matter also is right where I live and I so dig your selections and mods. Just great work!

Where did you grab the decals?

Ward

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Brumos and Jagermeister came from
http://www.hoslotcarracing.com/

Most of the numbers and bubbles came from older sheets I had laying around. The larger sponsor decals came from a sheet I got locally at a NASCAR based store. I still have tons of the decal sheets that came with the JL diecast cars and the old Auto World decals.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made the original decals for this model. When they decided to release them to the public they decided to use the stick-on label type of panels.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Round 2 - Refreshed Tootsie Toys

ROUND 2

Tootsie Toy Repaints

#1 1/40th or so scale Ford Panel Delivery. Had 3 coats of blue(s) paint. Tires were covered with over spray. Bent axles, chipped paint, some extra metal flash that I filed off the window openings. Stipped bare, stell wool treatment. Primer, black rattle can black paint applied. Hand painted bumpers, headlights and rear door windows(not shown). New Axles (hollow aluminum tubing with nails super glued inside tube.

#2 1/40th or so scale Pickup (Dodge?). Almost totally bare & rusty. Slightly bent roof line (not fixed metal too brittle). Used steel wool to smooth out body lines. New axles installed. Primer and a beige Krylon paint used to finish the body. Hand Painted bumpers and headlights. Added rear marker lights also (hand painted).

#3 1/87th scale Fired Truck (pumper). Many chips in red paint. Dirty (looks like it was played with outside alot. Stripped bare. Cleaned up with wire brush and tooth brush. Primer and repainted bright red. Hand painted silver as shown. Hoses painted brown. Put on sale for $10.00 sold in two days.

#4 and #5. 1/50th scale Ford ? sedans. Both of these had at least 3 different coats of thick paint. Wheels were part silver, green, and blueish. Stripped both down to bare metal, stripped all paint layers off of tires and old axles. Lots of steel wool on both bodies to get all layers of paint out of body pours. Filed away alot of metal flash out of windows. Repainted with gray primer. One with 3 coats of enamel black. I left the one car in Primer gray because it looked like it would have been gray in its day. Had to refit the tires on both with new axles after building up the holes in the tires. All 8 tires were beat and the holes were too big to accept the new axles. I used superglue to fill the holes and re-inserted the axles through the hardened super glue. Repainted the tires black. Hand painted headlights, bumpers and door handles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts