Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, there will be My Series Slot Car Racing in Florida in 2010.

There have been a number of changes around the state. For now, there are two returning commercial raceways participating. Plus, it is anticipated that the new raceway in Longwood will open in early March and a new raceway in Jacksonville is in the works and will join the schedule based upon their participation.

Here is the schedule:
Edited on 1/10/10

2010 My Series Schedule
January 9th - The Race Place* - Holly Hill, Florida - Warm-Up Race
February 6th - The Raceway.biz - Cocoa, Florida - Race #1
March 13th - ASR IndoorMotorSports Raceway - Longwood, Florida - Race #2
April - Spring Break
May 8th - The Race Place* - Holly Hill, Florida - Race #3
June 12th - TBA - Race #4
July 10th - TBA - Race #5

*Note: At The Race Place, all cars must have .030 front chassis clearance with the car resting on flat braid on the tech block to minimize damage to the braid in the crossovers.

For a copy of the 2010 Guidelines, please e-mail Bill Pinch at [email protected]. Or, you can send me a PM through this board.

Classes
Spec NASCAR - Amateur and Experienced Divisions - Same as 2009 except: Body - All racers must use the JK COT (#70528 A or B) body. Gear - Both divisions must use either 48-pitch or 64 pitch gears and 1/8 or 3/32 rear axle.

GT1 - Sponsored by JK - Amateur and Experienced Divisions - New class. Chassis: JK Cheetah 7 (.030), Cheetah 11 or Cheetah 24 Chassis. Motor: JK Falcon VII, Body: JK Audi (7182), Mercedes (7183), or Porsche (7178). Tires - JK plastic hub rear tires

GTP - Amateur and Experienced Divisions - Amateurs can now run a JK Falcon VII or FLA16D motor. Experienced Division can run a Sealed Super 16D or a FLA16D, Pro Slot 700 or Pro Slot 700BD armature in a Parma or Pro Slot setup.

Spec 12 - See Guidelines for body list

Box 12/15 - No changes from 2009

Officials
Race Director - Bill Pinch
Tech Director - Jeff Cox
Treasurer - Greg Walker

I hope to see you at the races ....

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let's Race

Jacksonville Racers ....

Johnny, Buddy and I are going. Let one of us know if you want to catch a ride.

NASCAR and Box 12 on the Tri-Oval

GT1 and GTP on the Road Course

·
Registered
671 Posts
x12's on the Oval... awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! I will bring some catchers grear!:p
I see a possible youtube event. :dude: :cool:

If NASCARS turn the oval in 2.3 sec what will a x12 turn?????? Track Mate might melt down!!!!!!!! Lets turn the zoom & urrrmmm sounds on. :p
Then maybe he will switch to SRT.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
228 Posts
i went down to the race place the day before turkey rod run and that place looks harder to drive than pheonix raceways(r.i.p.),and i was going to try and order an american arm but i cant find anyone selling them.on another note what ever happened to austin taking his stuff into regency mall

·
Registered
228 Posts
x12's on the Oval... awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! I will bring some catchers grear!:p
I see a possible youtube event. :dude: :cool:

If NASCARS turn the oval in 2.3 sec what will a x12 turn?????? Track Mate might melt down!!!!!!!! Lets turn the zoom & urrrmmm sounds on. :p
Then maybe he will switch to SRT.:thumbsup:
i dont think the scoring unit can count that low!!!!:thumbsup: it'll make one heck of a race!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i went down to the race place the day before turkey rod run and that place looks harder to drive than pheonix raceways(r.i.p.),and i was going to try and order an american arm but i cant find anyone selling them.on another note what ever happened to austin taking his stuff into regency mall
You would have had a blast on the tri-oval!

The road course is another story. It's fun to drive but takes time to learn.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Series Warm-Up Race - The Race Place - Holly Hill, FL

Thank Goodness that the heat was on at The Race Place in Holly Hill on Saturday. Let's just say that Florida racers aren't exactly used to having sleet and snow flurries hitting the windshield on their way to the track.

Still .... a good time was had by all. Thank you to Greg Walker for having everything ready for us and to Phil for serving as the Race Director throughout the day. And of course, to Toby for preparing the hot dogs and sausage dogs at lunch.

Here are the results:

Spec NASCAR
Flexi-style chassis, FLA16D motor, JK COT body
Raced on the Daytona Tri-Oval

Amateur Division
1. Kevin Giachetti - 347

Experienced Division
1. Danny Zona - 396
2. Mike Bresett - 394
3. Kyle Hall - 390
4. Kenneth Holton - 383
5. Rollin Isbell - 378
6. Buddy Houser - 376
7. Bill Stuyvenberg - 373
8. JP Snyder - 373
9. Bob Rondinone - 370
10. Terry Tawney - 366
11. Matt Boman - 359
12. Johnny Banks - 357

GT1 by JK
JK Flexi-style chassis, JK Falcon VII motor, JK body, JK Tires
Raced on the Daytona Road Course

Amateur Division
1. Cory Borden - 174
2. Kevin Giachetti - 149
3. Rick Smolka - 148

Experienced Division
1. Mike Bresett - 183
2. Danny Zona - 182
3. Terry Tawney - 172
4. Bill Stuyvenberg - 169
5. Kenneth Holton - 168
6. Buddy Houser - 167
7. Rollin Isbell - 165
8. Bob Rondinone - 161
9. Kyle Hall - 161
10. JP Snyder - 158
11. Matt Boman - 152

GTP
Raced on the Daytona Road Course

Amateur Division
Flexi-style chassis, JK Falcon VII or FLA16D motor, GTP body
1. Jonathan Jacobs - 119
2. Kevin Giachetti - 111

Experienced Division
Flexi-style chassis, FLA16D, Sealed S16D, or PS700S16D motor, GTP body
1. Danny Zona - 204
2. Kyle Hall - 190
3. Terry Tawney - 183
4. Buddy Houser - 180
5. Bill Stuyvenberg - 179
6. Kenneth Holton - 176
7. Bob Rondinone - 174
8. Matt Boman - 158
9. Rick Smolka - 154
10. Rollin Isbell - 94
11. JP Snyder - 38
12. Mike Bresett - 0

Group 12
Raced on the Daytona Tri-Oval
1. Terry Tawney - 510
2. Kenneth Holton - 508
3. Stu Marder - 463
4. Jeff Cox - 463

Next Race ..... Saturday, February 6, 2010 .... The Raceway.biz - Cocoa, Florida

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why was box12 raced on the oval? Were the cars full puch all the way around?
It was crazy! I almost think that Greg tossed out the idea being a wise @$$ .... but it took hold.

Probably really because they seem to have trouble getting through the section where you come out of the infield and back onto the tri-oval.

I know I caught Stu watching TV for most of a heat. Buddy said that he was watching their fingers and it depended on which lane they were on whether they stayed full punch.

Let me know if you need a copy of this year's guidelines.

Rollin

·
Registered
671 Posts
I was disappointed in the x12's.... everyone but Jeff was full punched except on Black and Purple. I think there was on 2 deslots... Jeff somehow came off just after the s/f line and one time Terry's missle gave Kenny some bad air and got him loose and he came off just after the s/f line. They all ran there road course gears.... 8/38ish.... I wanted to see some blazing fast times but they were only turning 1.7xx to 1.9xx the dang NASCARS were 2.3xx but they did sound cool. A full track of them would have been better.
I know Jason, William and Tommy would have stuck a 10 pinion on them and set sail. Jason I hope yall make it to some of the races this year. We were actually done by 4ish...

·
Registered
228 Posts
you guys make it sound like yall put on the best show ever!!!
why did they decide to start racing jk cot bodies for nascar instead of what we been running?
how much difference is there in performance?
where can i find the florida arms!?!?!?!?!?because i really want to be there next time at the raceway.biz!!!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I dont know what made them change bodies but they handle good, atleast on the trioval. Actually to good for the trioval there was alot of passes on the outside which in the past would have gave you a very quick trip up to the wall, the race was pretty clean for the most part. It will be easier for the raceway to stock just 1 body.
You can get an arm at Daytona or Cocco. I have a motor you can use if not.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cuz they wanna be like the Big Boys

you guys make it sound like yall put on the best show ever!!!
why did they decide to start racing jk cot bodies for nascar instead of what we been running?
how much difference is there in performance?
where can i find the florida arms!?!?!?!?!?because i really want to be there next time at the raceway.biz!!!!!

Mike,

The state races are always fun. Mostly because it's a good group of guys. And, I like competing against (and getting BEAT by) guys that have multiple National Championships to their name.

It's VERY rare that anyone beats Danny or Mike on their home track. They're too good and the track is too unique for too many upsets.

The Series went to one body for a couple of reasons .... mainly, to emulate NASCAR and have one Spec body. Also to stop the whining that some people couldn't seem to find a particular version of a particular body that some of the fast guys seemed to always find. I had (and have) some and didn't really have trouble getting them, but other people constantly complained that they couldn't find the right one.

I'm interested to see how the COT body works on a road course, but Buddy is right, it was almost too stuck on the Tri-Oval.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I planed on going but after getting home at 2:00 am Friday night and finding out it was a warm up race I decided to wait till next month to race. I did mount up the bodies and almost had my cars done. I did notice that it is not very easy to mount the cot on a chassie with legal 5/8" or .600" fronts on it. The hood is just to low. I looked at my parma COT that a I got a few years back just for giggles and noticed that it is quite a bit taller at the hood. I hate to build a special car with .500" front for just one class. I hate how they look and how they fit on a car and most importantly how they make the car handle. Not sure if anyone else noticed this condition. I guess not because front wheels have got out of style with most of the popular chassis.

Jason

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think it wold have been cool for the spec JK class to run something that handles poorly. Like trucks, the JK rally/Dtm cars or even the little spoiler USRA Nascars. Since the HP is fairley equal and limited a little bit less off a body would be a good change of pace for the cars.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jason,

I ran a Champion T-Flex with aluminum pans and 5/8" tires and know exactly what you're talking about. I ended up moving them in just a little to get them away from the side of the body in the corners.

And I agree that they're ugly as sin.

Rollin

·
Registered
671 Posts
The COT body does have a very low hood area. I used the Turbo/AL Pans too and had 5/8 wheels it was very close i had the body a lil more forward than I usually like to steal a lil room. I have not tried the body on the C11 yet I hope it is not a short body.

Jason you are right on the JK cars they do handle good but they dont have any breaks. If your sitting out you dont want the track turning off cause they can coast a good 2ft on the straights. I think it will be a very popular class but I think they should open it up to any JK GT1 body just so they dont all look the same.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i saw that jp made the trip to daytona for the state race...he told me after the last state race at phoenix that racing the expert class was going to be easier the the amatures!! i think he was a little wrong!! ha ha ha!

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I don't think J.P. did so bad, 23 laps off 1st in oval is only like missing 1 minute of 1 heat & being on pace the rest of the way.
On the road course, if you don't run on it weekly ain't NOBODY gonna run with those guy's. LOL
I've competed at about 30 different layouts & to me that is by far the hardest to be consistantly fast on.
All in fun, wait til u try it, it has sharp teeth...

HEHEHE

see ya around
Tom

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was surprised that JP didn't finish higher on the tri-oval because there were some heats where he was definitely showing off the WFT Power.

He must have got caught up in "some racin' deals" in the tri-oval that got him behind. And anyone who has driven that track will tell you, you do have to drive the tri-oval.

I completely agree with Tom, the road course will bite you. You have to want to drive it and practice, practice, practice. And then DZ and Biscuit still drive past you on the entrance.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts