Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
really cool JP ! i love this one . the water effect is superb .
this is what i like about the PL kits , ya can do stuff with them ya might not do if ya had to spend 300 $ for a vintage Aurora ( and still have a few unbuilts in the closet for other projects ) .
hb

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just kidding...

I remember the first time I saw John's Seaview Diorama, that was the first time realized that I really hated the man!
Tim

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Errrr, I liked the torpedo's on your other dio better, John, which I guess you removed for the lil' pards.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Thall10000 said:
I remember the first time I saw John's Seaview Diorama, that was the first time realized that I really hated the man!
Tim
Well, yes Tim, we all so dearly hate John. He never misses a chance to show us he is an incredible modeler.
;)

Never get tired of looking at that diorama, John. I wore out that issue of MR looking at the article...and of course drooling on the pages.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If only it still looked like that! The splash has yellowed and shrunk :(.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
It is a fake,I know that is a screen grab from the movie.
Wait a minute, it is a model. Looks fantastic. My favorite submarine and my favorite scene from the movie. Take a bow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
well :D - all model indeed a 'fake' object compared to the real one :D
I mean it is what struck and impress me to going deeper into this hobby (imagining to have a 'part' of the ocean complete with a tiny-yet-real-looking subs sitting at one corner of my desk).

·
Oxidation Genius
31,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
seawolf said:
my God - whadda model - I wish I can have a little tiny part of your skills John
I'm sure you do! A tiny part.

:D

(sorry, I was channeling Merriman there :lol: )

·
Oxidation Genius
31,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lloyd Collins said:
Take a bow.
That IS the bow. I threw the stern away.

(I crack me up this morning!)
(Okay, time to take my meds...)

·
Registered
126 Posts
John P said:
If only it still looked like that! The splash has yellowed and shrunk :(.

Yes, the dio looks great. Can the damage be repaired before the icebergs sink like they did in the movie?? ;) Sorry, couldn't resist that.

But seriously, do you have plans to restore it?

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
seawolf said:
well :D - all model indeed a 'fake' object compared to the real one :D
I mean it is what struck and impress me to going deeper into this hobby (imagining to have a 'part' of the ocean complete with a tiny-yet-real-looking subs sitting at one corner of my desk).
Yes, but the PL Seaview is a model of a model so that makes what we see on both screens fake.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ken072359 said:
But seriously, do you have plans to restore it?
Nah. Been there, done that, don't want to revisit it yet. Maybe some day.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts