Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally decided to build the 8ft version of the movie Seaview and received my photoetch, thanks Paulbo so, here are a few shots of my build so far!

I will post more as the weeks go by and I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy the project.:)

Thanks for viewing.:wave:

Mike

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Nice idea to use styrene sheet for the pressure hull seen thru the limber holes. Will you be installing vertical tubing to represent the missile tubes passing thru the pressure hull visible thru the rear limber holes?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice idea to use styrene sheet for the pressure hull seen thru the limber holes. Will you be installing vertical tubing to represent the missile tubes passing thru the pressure hull visible thru the rear limber holes?
Thanks Trekkriffic yes I will, just working on that now. Had to take a break as I accidentally broke my front tooth and have been spending time at the dentist, this weekend I will post some more pictures.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Your build looks great, Mike! I really like that you included the missile tubes in the rear of the hull - I don't think I've seen anyone do that yet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks Paul and Boxie for your kind comments,:) not yet decided what I will do for the stand, suggestions are welcomed.:confused:
well after four coats of paint and one pearl finish clear coat, I started to add a little more detail and adding the smaller parts. I am just finishing up the lighting and will post some more pictures soon, until then here is a few more.

thanks Mike:wave:
View attachment 160026

View attachment 160027

View attachment 160028

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi hal9001,

They are surface mounted on the hull and fit very well. I will post the final pictures this weekend when I have more time.

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Adding those extra detailing parts really adds authenticity to the kit.It will be quite a site when it's finished,I'm sure.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the kind comments xsavoie, just about 99.5 percent finished, a little paint touch up and complete the base and connect the wiring,
here are a few more pictures, I did not light the missle plume, it is just the flash from the camera I hope to have all work done by this weekend so the final shots will be then. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Excellent!

Haven't checked the thread in a while and was wondering how you were going to use some of the mini-sub "ramp" parts you'd shown. Very cool solution!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts