Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the summer of 2001, while I waited for Star Trek: Enterprise to air, I scratch-built this kit of what I thought an early 22nd century Klingon battlecruiser would look like.

I thought I lost this model in the move to my house some years back, but I recently found it in a box. It's nice to have it back in the starship museum.

http://seansmodels.com/pics/trek/klingon/klingon.htm

Sean

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Very creative, Sean! Looks like you prolly had a lot of fun putting that together. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Griff!

The transmission from the 1/48 jet really made this for me. It gave the ship a sort of steampunk-like look. It was fun to do, and I'm really glad that it's back, safe and sound.

Sean

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Check your post. Somehow you got a quotation mark stuck between the end of the URL and the [/url] sign.
Don't think so, that was just a straight copy-and-paste from the Failed to open page message. Speech marks and everything.

And iCab gives me "Network Error

An error occurred while accessing "seansmodels.com".

The Server did not respond within a certain time. Maybe the server is down.

(Network Error #-1001)"

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks, John! :)

Jim, the website is up and running. Just checked it now--both through the link, and with the hosting company. Usually the hosting company will send me an email notice if it should go down, and that hasn't happened.

Update: several more people on another board have the same complaint: they can't see the entire site, let alone the page. I'm checking into this right now.

Sean

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Just tried from work - don't tell anyone I'm surfing during work hours - as I thought maybe it was just a Mac browser issue.
But I can't access the site from work either, and it's not being blocked by WebMarshall...

Damn :(

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I checked again with the site--it's still up, at least I can acces it. My web hosting company assures me that the site has not gone down recently, and that it can be seen by anybody using any browser (Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc).

And yet there are still some people who are having trouble seeing it. Very strange. Jim, I'll keep looking into it on this end. Thanks for letting me know.

Sean

·
Oxidation Genius
31,254 Posts
Yup, works fine for me.

Mom says the rest of you guys just aren't special enough. :p

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Some of us can access the site and some can't. Hmmmm . . . I think the Klingons are trying to make us suspicious of one another, like the aliens in that Twilight Zone ep "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street."

They want to turn us against each other, so they can conquer us easily. But we see through their evil plan! :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's all an evil plot by somebody, of that I've no doubt! :eek:

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. Hobbytalk isn't the only place where this is happening. A friend of mine also couldn't access the site at all from an email link that I sent her. So I'll keep y'all posted.

Sean

1 - 20 of 26 Posts