Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I can't make it to the Fest, I took advantage of the deals offered here and I want to thank Gary @ Tinywheels for the deal and Rob at Macslittlecars for all his help.

I ordered 12 assorted cases and here's the haul:

A great sight:

Four White Lightnings:

The Corvette:

I also got a '69 Charger Zinger with redlines that isn't pictured. All in all, a great deal and alot of fun. Thanks for the opportunity to share in the fun. I only wish I could have been there in person!

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well anyway, for those of you buying cases, at least you can see there's still some good stuff to be had.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hoosier-lightning said:
How did you get these already? I was unaware that you were a dealer. Congrats on the WLs!
I bought the cases FROM a dealer. Not sure if he got them from inventory for the fest or from his own inventory, but the price was right.

·
Registered
477 Posts
slow to ship

hi and boy are they slow to ship - i am still waiting for 30 some master cases - oh well . so much for the plans of mice and men

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I would bet Gary took these cases out of his inventory, because nobody has got there dealer orders from RC2. Because they havent shipped them yet, they want to make sure we dont get our stuff before the public warehouse sale. :mad:

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Super, bet that was fun with a dozen virgin boxes, hehehehe.

R

·
0 Posts
BOBB36 said:
I would bet Gary took these cases out of his inventory, because nobody has got there dealer orders from RC2. Because they havent shipped them yet, they want to make sure we dont get our stuff before the public warehouse sale. :mad:
But it didn't keep them from taking the money last week did it???

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
BOBB36 said:
Actually that's the way it probably should be.

·
Registered
477 Posts
input

gee tom,
thats nice for you to add your insight and input . lets look at this this way . how many deals are loss to everybody who did not get there product in time for the biggest JL show of the year. ??? - it makes me wonder - deals that would have gotten past on to every body at the show this year. oh well' people we could not ship your items in time to you . like rob said - they had no problem taking everyones money weeks ago .

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Jhoop, what do you mean? Do you mean that you should get your inventory before the sale? Has this ever happened before? If not, and you are expecting to receive your inventory at the Fest, I am sure it will be there.

As for my order, I am fairly certain it was filled from existing inventory. If you want to confirm, ask Gary at the Fest.

R

·
0 Posts
Mike,

I think John is replying to Tom 's apparent thought that the dealers shouldn't get their items before the Fest attendees - nothing to do with Gary except more people could have gotten in on some good deals if the shipments would have arrived in time for the dealers to bring them along rather than hurting people by having them.... seemed like a little jealousy to me. But if anybody who wants to get in on it next year just forma corporation, pay the state for a license, file your sales tax forms and pay your sales tax each month, carry inventory that people may or may not want, pay advertising and then, if you did eveything right, you can come and save a few cents over the warehouse sale on the specific items they are willing to sell you.

Rob

R

·
0 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
Jhoop, what do you mean? Do you mean that you should get your inventory before the sale? Has this ever happened before? If not, and you are expecting to receive your inventory at the Fest, I am sure it will be there.

Mike,

In previous years the orders were taken on Thursday or Friday of Fest weekend and either shipped or you could take them with you, this year there was no choice - order 1-2 weeks ahead and they would be shipped, not allowed to pick them up when at Fest.... a real expensive pain in the butt... for those of us that could have picked them up anyway!!

Rob

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Rob for the information. I think that forming a corporation thing sounds too complicated.

Wow this post really went on quite a tangent. Just wanted to report my finds! Oh well, it happens.

R

·
0 Posts
I know, you start out just to do a little bragging and showing off that you finally got some good stuff and then it deteriorates into a complaint department

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
T/A Tom said:
Actually that's the way it probably should be.
Why is that the way it should be? It's not like it's going to reduce what's available to Fest attendees. They have my money so I should get my product.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts