Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured if share the redlines I have acquired so far in my sniping and flea market finds.
I tried to put them in color groups. The most expensive one was the sky show but te rest were anywhere from $1-$12
Or trades for regular hotwheels.

Blues

Greens

Browns or copper/redish

Orange

Purple magenta

Parts or Junkers

Yellows

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
These just arrived today. They were a buck and change a piece. Not the most pretty things but get for a buck they will bring me and my daughter plenty of enjoyment.

When she gets back from her soccer game we are going to setup some track I bought and have some races. I can't wait.

Hmmm. Tried to use the new panorama feature on iPhone and it looks like I moved on the purple ones. They kids look distorted. Oh well you know what they should look like. Lol

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
No clue about the panorama mode on the iPhone, and it's been a while since I've used a telephoto lens. However, I will echo what the others have said...it's a great collection! Though I must ask: what relegated the Porsche 917 to junker status?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
very nice collection! i seen someone selling a lot of redlines for about 10$ on ebay last night with like 35 mins remaining but you was not online to pm you about it(i dont have a card linked to my ebay at the moment so i would have gotten em) one day i will find me some redlines!

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Looking through the pix, I see you have one of my favorites from when I was a kid, in the exact color... Oh, the memories that brings back! I should look into replacing some of my old ones.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which one is that Jim? Be careful. You can't stop at just one. I got my first one (the antifreeze Deora ) as a RAOK from dc2chump and it wa all downhill from there.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Which one is that Jim? Be careful. You can't stop at just one. I got my first one (the antifreeze Deora ) as a RAOK from dc2chump and it wa all downhill from there.
I wasn't going to say because you have that nasty habit of sending things my way, and I haven't been able to reciprocate... yet. Anyhow, it's the Antifreeze Nomad. BTW: I decided to go down your way today and see if I could have your kind of success at the stores in your area. Nothing to write home about except a few Boulevards... but no Rebel Machine. :( I DID pick up a bunch of mainlines I'd been planning to get anyhow. I've never seen a store with as many Hot Wheels on display as the TRU on US-1 in Springfield!

The pegs were so full that it was nearly impossble to look through them without dropping a couple of cars on the floor from each peg. The merchandiser in the middle of the floor was more full than it looks in the photo, too. NO Birds, NO Rovers, NO Mystery Machines, NO MBX Seagraves, NO Hunts. My total haul on the day was a dozen HW Mainlines, 3 Boulevards, 6 Mystery Pack cars from Wal*Mart, 7 Matchboxes (including a 5-pack), and a single Johnny Lightning, for a total of roughly $40. My allowance is officially blown for the next 2 weeks!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The pegs were so full that it was nearly impossible to look through them without dropping a couple of cars on the floor from each peg.
The Wal-Mart nearest my house is like that these days, but I sure do wish it was stocked to the extent of the TRU in the pictures you posted!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahh yes. That's the shipper I found the 599 at the very back I think. I haven't been there in a few weeks though so it could be a newer one. Those pegs are stuffed though. Whoa. I've had a bit of luck there from time to time.
I was stuck (not that it is a bad thing, I cherish every second I get to hang out with the little monster) at home today and didn't really get to hunt except for a quick run out to Wally's. saw the new Shelby m2 but the 2 fresh boxes were chase less. None in that shipment.

Did get to setup the track pieces I bought and race with my daughter. That was a lot of fun. Man the long gone is quick.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Did get to setup the track pieces I bought and race with my daughter. That was a lot of fun. Man the long gone is quick.
If you want the fastest gravity racer from the redline era get you a Noodlehead. This might help its from our own Markkaz aka: Racegrooves.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are correct Jim. The only problem there is that my daughter would have killed me. She considers the nomads hers. Lol. She loves that casting for one reason or the other. So I had to break out the talisman and flex its mighty power. Sometime in the near future your youth shall return to you via the USPS. :) maybe you'll be able to make a mojito with all the Limey goodness

1 - 17 of 17 Posts