Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The recent restoration was very well done!
Everything about this ship is perfect, such a timeless design. Nothing before or since has matched it.

I tried to post the most relevant photo's.
THANKS! I was not aware of the painted details of the right nacelle. Makes sense though...

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Mebs. My Wife got word yesterday that her job will be permanently performed from home for the foreseeable future, so all her office stuff has to be here. Which means my hobby room had to be vacated today to make space for it, and I moved my modeling operations to the family room. Luckily I am so far along with this- less small parts to move... ;)
IMG_20200630_160114.jpg

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Saw your Enterprise build,and it looks just fantastic! It is great to see someone that puts a lot of care and work into a project. I am leaning a lot from your pictures from assembly to paint. Really inspiration by your work which help to keep me going on my 22 inch Enterprise. Your pictures of the real 11 foot model has really helped me a lot in the detailing of my model. Want to see more progress pictures of you ship as you build. Keep up the great work!!

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Paint tests proceeding. Tamaya as-11 was nice, but a bit dark. As-16 was lighter but a bit too light, and both lack a slight hint of blue.... I have as-18 coming to test. I'm thinking I'll end up using 11 as a base, a light coat of 18 for the tint, and a light dusting of 16 to lighten it up & add depth & scale.... man, I can never do things the easy way. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Paint tests proceeding. Tamaya as-11 was nice, but a bit dark. As-16 was lighter but a bit too light, and both lack a slight hint of blue.... I have as-18 coming to test. I'm thinking I'll end up using 11 as a base, a light coat of 18 for the tint, and a light dusting of 16 to lighten it up & add depth & scale.... man, I can never do things the easy way. ;)
I'm coming to a similar conclusion. I just tried as-18 and think it might be the closet to my eye to the paint chip I made from Gary Kerr's formula. It's a little darker but not as dark as as-11. AS-11 seemed way too dark. I think I may decant as-18 and add a little white to lighten and spray with an airbrush. I might give as-32 a try as well before committing.

Will say who ever does the paint matching at Tamiya for the can tops needs to be fired. :) Not even close.

It's a real shame Model Master killed off their enamel line.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts