Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just shot some pics of my freshly finnished VW bug. This VW Bug is my fastest running Tjet......and boy does it HAUL! A few of you might have seen the short video that my friend Max posted a couple weeks ago....where this body was shown slamming into the digital camera. This body suffered a severely damaged (as in nearly broken off completely) right front fender.

I repaired the body, filled in the bumper cutouts......and voila! The paint is "House of Kolor" Limetime green pearl. The paint was then clear coated...and an acrylic clearcoat was also applied so it'll hopefully endure some more hard ran laps :thumbsup: The Wheels are "Vincent" Porsche "Fuchs" style wheels.

The beautiful body is courtesy of Mr. Claus Heupel :thumbsup:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
807 Posts
cool lookin

TX,

Thats a cool lookin bug ya got there.. :thumbsup:
Bling wheels and the green house of colors sets that baby off.
Now the trick is...Don't scratch it...lol:cool:

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Nice Save Brian! Car looks sweet!

Coach

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
roadrner said:
Hey Brian,
Is that the one I ordered? ;) Looks great! rr

LOL, nah, but for the right price to body could be yours.... :lol:

I haven't seen Claus Heupel around in a while.....but this body is one of his beauties ;)

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
that's one bad a$$ looking bug man!! i wondered how it would look if you put 440x2 under there hee hee..

TX, what brand name (spray can or?) is house of color?? where can i get that light green?

:thumbsup:

Wes

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
So I can purchase this awesome bug at a substantial discount? It has been wrecked!
HeHeHe :devil:

I like VeeDubs
I like polished fuchs alloys
I like green

That would be a hattrick for me. Beautiful job Brian! :thumbsup:

Bill

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, THANKS fo the compliments!

Wes, that color is a rattle can... It's smooth as silk though ;) I've been waiting for over a year for the "House of Kolor" brand rattle cans to hit my area.....so far the closest they've come to me is about 50 minutes away (Walmart is beginning to carry this line in rattle)

Bill, to my knowledge there's NOT a carfax report on this car.....so good luck proving it was wrecked :p hahahaha

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
TX Street Racer said:

Wes, that color is a rattle can... It's smooth as silk though ;) I've been waiting for over a year for the "House of Kolor" brand rattle cans to hit my area.....so far the closest they've come to me is about 50 minutes away (Walmart is beginning to carry this line in rattle)
thanks tx!!

Wes

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
TX Street Racer said:

Bill, to my knowledge there's NOT a carfax report on this car.....so good luck proving it was wrecked :p hahahaha

*I* can prove the car was wrecked, eh! *I* have seen the video! ;)

Simple and beautiful car, buddy! I'll take 2! (they're small LOL)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
scratch said:
TX,

How 'bout slamming that little ride some more? Very nicely done, do like custom bugs . . .

Cheers,
Jas

LOL, Jas, this body is as low as it can go my friend.....hell, in fact I've severely Dremeled out the underside to ensure that my tires clear the inside of the body. Any lower and It'd be a track cleaner car :tongue:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Cool bug, Tex-
I love the paint job, and colour!

You can’t even tell it’s been wrecked…:drunk:

You did a “bang-up” job on this one! ;)

Good job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts