Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got the first of two new Robby's from X-Plus and I'm so excited, like I need a new distraction.......:p I just had enough time to take a quick look and I
must say I think he looks great, this will be a fun project......:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where did you get it from and how much did it cost ?
The one you see here I got from urban-collector.com and cost $132.99 + 14.60
for shipping and the second one that's due Thursday was a preorder from ScifiGenre.com and was $127.50 and shipping was free.

·
Registered
480 Posts
These are awesome. Keep us posted on your conversion. I think they made a FX version but can't recall if it was them or another shop.

While not a model, I'd be interested in your thoughts on this piece, it looks fantastic!

Tib

·
Registered
155 Posts
I thought if you pulled the left side head part out you could play the lights/sounds on all the 13" X-Plus Robby the Robots? Not just the one with the actor inside it.

I'd like to see how your mod of the X-Plus Robby goes. It should have more lights/sounds than the ones that come with it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
These have no electronics with them, must have been a different version. It will be some time before I get to these guys, too many other projects in front, and another just showed up, my 3D printer, sweet......:thumbsup:
I just bought my X-Plus Robby without figure inside over at Amazon.com and the description says; "Robby also includes lights and sounds from the movie, just as you remember!"

http://www.amazon.com/X-Plus-Forbidden-Planet-Robby-Figure/dp/B007RVTXQ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355022077&sr=8-1&keywords=x-plus+robby+robot

I'll be upset if they got the description wrong.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just bought my X-Plus Robby without figure inside over at Amazon.com and the description says; "Robby also includes lights and sounds from the movie, just as you remember!"
I think you're going to be upset because that sure looks like what I got and they have no electronics in them at all......

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So on that circular part the texture on the ribbing was part of the file?
The outside of the part has a design that spirals down, the inside is very smooth, so yes it's part of the file. Also, there was a question about the PLA
filament, can you paint it, yes, will it breakdown if exposed to water, not that I can see. I put some of the filament in a cup of water last weekend and it's still like new, this stuff is just like ABS as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
349 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/X-Plus-Forbidden-Planet-Robby-Figure/dp/B007RVTXQ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355022077&sr=8-1&keywords=x-plus+robby+robot

Sorry to say that this one will not have the lights and sound, as they sold out a couple of years ago. The one with lights and sound had a 12 inch figure with the likeness of the actor who played him in the movie.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Product Description

Our Forbidden Planet 12-Inch Figure - Robby the Robot features lights and sound effects from the movie. Don't pass up this one-of-a-kind collectible! A true must-have for any admirer of the unforgettable sci-fi movie Forbidden Planet, Robby the Robot stands 12-inches tall and is made of plastic. Robby also includes lights and sounds from the movie, just as you remember! His hood, ear, pants, pistons, antenna, head, and mouth are made of injection plastic and very detailed, with plenty of articulation. He's articulated at the head, and his wrists and arms can turn. Robby's pants can also move up and down. This astounding, memory-evoking figure comes in a 4-color window box with flap. It's a one-of-a-kind collectible that you don't want to pass up!"

I think I missed that scene in the movie!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Product Description

Our Forbidden Planet 12-Inch Figure - Robby the Robot features lights and sound effects from the movie. Don't pass up this one-of-a-kind collectible! A true must-have for any admirer of the unforgettable sci-fi movie Forbidden Planet, Robby the Robot stands 12-inches tall and is made of plastic. Robby also includes lights and sounds from the movie, just as you remember! His hood, ear, pants, pistons, antenna, head, and mouth are made of injection plastic and very detailed, with plenty of articulation. He's articulated at the head, and his wrists and arms can turn. Robby's pants can also move up and down. This astounding, memory-evoking figure comes in a 4-color window box with flap. It's a one-of-a-kind collectible that you don't want to pass up!"

I think I missed that scene in the movie!
Perhaps a translation error? That's weird. Ha!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Stan at Starling tech and I are doing a modification to the Robbie Sound and light kit to fit this model(13" X plus) as we speak!

It's merely a matter of adding longer wire, thicker fiber optics and a larger voice tube.
http://www.starling-tech.com/index1.php?id=electronics

I'll have the mods Stan needs by tonight.

Steve
That's awesome! I have a small Hallmark ornament that has a button making it light up and say about 5 quickie quotes, but it's not the REAL voice. Just an imitation.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts