Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ok, I realize it's not technically a model, but it IS my second hobby...arcade machines. Been playing them for almost 15 years and it's disheartening that most arcades and family game room places are going away and getting more and more hard to find. Came across this pristine machine on ebay and had to get it. Drove out to Kansas City today to pick it up and bring it home. There is a little screen burn, but that's to be expected on a 10 year old machine that uses a projection monitor. Just wanted to share my good find. Here are some more pics...

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/zenomorp/

I'll get back to the Refit build tomorrow guys. Promise. See ya then!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Very nice find. I love the game board wall paper.

I agree It is sad that the arcades are dissapearing, I remember one arcade that was right next to my school bus stop, I was around 11 years old. I was It made the "mistake" of opening at 7am. there were a lot of us kids that consistantly missed the bus because of Space Invaders and Asteroids. Until midway through the year when that suddenly changed hours...
Looking back though, I can't blame them. It was for our own good..

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
Sweet! One of my fav's as a young fella. We still had one when I was assistant manager of a bowling center that I'd play quite a bit, too. It was pretty popular 'til the company who owned the games pulled it and replaced it with some lame stuffed animal machine. :rolleyes:

The only other game I'd love to get my hands on for my personal collection would be the old Star Trek video game. Don't recall the name of the game itself, but it was set during/immediately after TMP.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Griffworks said:
The only other game I'd love to get my hands on for my personal collection would be the old Star Trek video game. Don't recall the name of the game itself, but it was set during/immediately after TMP.
The Strategic Operations Simulator. :thumbsup: SOS Info at MemoryAlpha

A friend of mine bought the sit down version many moons ago. That was a cool game for it's time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nighteagle2001 said:
Fish and Griff,

Sega released a home yersion of that for the Atari 2600
Thanks. I was aware as I own the Atari 5200 version. However, they don't compare to the arcade version.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Aww man!!! That was my favorite arcade game of all time! i d go and spend all 100 tokens on that game, and when I was done I would be like a zombie from the high blood pressure and adrenaline rush. How much was it?

·
Registered
545 Posts
nx-o1troubles said:
Aww man!!! That was my favorite arcade game of all time! i d go and spend all 100 tokens on that game, and when I was done I would be like a zombie from the high blood pressure and adrenaline rush. How much was it?
Well, after looking almost a year for this particular machine on the "bay", this was the first sit down one I found that was not broken, torn up, put together like Frankenstein, and had minimal screen burn, so I snagged it up while I could for the meager price of $2000. Personally, I thought it was well worth it. Getting it from Kansas City to Wichita...that's a whole other story.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.