Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new kit from Laudati of the She Creature arrived a few minutes ago.:woohoo: Now I'm taking her out on the back deck with my modeling tools and glue cause it's really nice outside for a change and start on her. Will do pic's too for everyone! This is going to be a great weekend! :thumbsup:SWEET!
Thanks John! I know I'm going to love her! And I hope the wify don't mind. hehehe!:eek: I can just imagine it now. Opening the box and pulling all the parts out with one of my stoggies lite up. Yes! Life is GOOD!:D

·
Oxidation Genius
31,316 Posts
I thought this was gonna be a birth announcement.
;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Chinxy and Roy, glad She arrived safely. Looking forward to seeing what you do with her. Thanks again for the orders. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW was this a fast weekend.:D But a real good one! Anyway here is what I have so far. First pic of all the parts, then the head and then she is all together. Yep, I like this kit.

And here she is together!

Roy - do you have yours together yet? When you do the antenna's you have to head them and bend them a little to give them an angle. I used my heat gun. Works great. Heat the antenna to the bend and then dip into cold water. Works like a charm! But I did cut the bottom antenna's shorter like she shows in the movie. :eek:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Nice build, and a nice weekend!

I love getting a new model and immediately blowing off everything else to work on it. Luckily, my wife and friends understand. (To tell the truth, I think they're all starting to get into it).

·
Registered
546 Posts
I spent most of last week splitting and stacking firewood. Then, my wife and I left Coos Bay, OR for San Jose, CA (a 12 hour drive) at 4am Friday to attend her oldest sister's 70th birthday party. Her sister has been fighting ovarian cancer for over 6 years and didnt think she would see her 70th birthday.
She knew her daughter-in-law was having a birthday party for her, but wasn't aware that her 4 sisters from across the country (my wife is the youngest) were going to show up to surprize her. There were many tears of joy when the sisters arrived!
Then we had to head back to Coos Bay (another 12 hour drive) Sunday morning.

Sometimes we sacrifice model building time for other things, and afterwards feel good about it.
Now, back to my figure kit!

Phil K

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I spent most of last week splitting and stacking firewood. Then, my wife and I left Coos Bay, OR for San Jose, CA (a 12 hour drive) at 4am Friday to attend her oldest sister's 70th birthday party. Her sister has been fighting ovarian cancer for over 6 years and didnt think she would see her 70th birthday.
She knew her daughter-in-law was having a birthday party for her, but wasn't aware that her 4 sisters from across the country (my wife is the youngest) were going to show up to surprize her. There were many tears of joy when the sisters arrived!
Then we had to head back to Coos Bay (another 12 hour drive) Sunday morning.

Sometimes we sacrifice model building time for other things, and afterwards feel good about it.
Now, back to my figure kit!

Phil K
Phil - good for you. And I pray for her. You know in your wife's eyes your a GREAT husband. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice build, and a nice weekend!

I love getting a new model and immediately blowing off everything else to work on it. Luckily, my wife and friends understand. (To tell the truth, I think they're all starting to get into it).
Tim - have to tell ya. When the kit came Friday at 5pm and my wife came home from work I was thrilled, but she was in a very bad mood. So just to be out of her frustration from work and not to be annoying to her. I worked on the kit on the deck outside. She just needed to unwind in a female way which does not include men. Learned that a LONG time ago. :freak:
And not to go into detail on Saturday she made it all back to me :cool::eek::D
So I didn't get much done on the kit Saturday. But got a lot done on Sunday. Put the She Creature all together and filled the seems. Before gluing the antenna's I heated them with my heat gun and then when I had the bend the way I like (like in the movie) I dipped them in cold water which keeps the form. Was not sure what I was doing wrong on the base because she didn't fit flat with the left foot on the base so I raised it to be flat with the foot with Apoxie Sculpt. Love that stuff.
So now I'm ready to prime her! :D

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
LOL TIM! Chinxy, that looks like a great kit as do the other in the series. I have never seen the movie but I know from the posts here basically what it is. I am looking forward to seeing you build and paint this one, I guess it is already pretty much built though from the pics. Was the movie in color? That obviously helps with color selection.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts