Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this some time ago-- halfway through I started 3d-modelling and printing and started the saucer interior from scratch, as well as the engineering area. I stayed as close to the David Kimble poster as I possibly could. Of course, it´s based on the PL kit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
This is one of the coolest models I’ve ever seen... Extraordinary!

(Needless to say, I’m a big fan of the David Kimble poster. I still have an original printing!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fantastic! Love the attention to detail and the feeling it gives that this could really be a Star Ship. Can you tell me a little more about the figures you used? Did you print them or???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fantastic! Love the attention to detail and the feeling it gives that this could really be a Star Ship. Can you tell me a little more about the figures you used? Did you print them or???
Hi the 1/350 figures are from french model company L´arsenal. Very fragile... they are called "1-350-naval-figures"

·
Oxidation Genius
31,084 Posts
That is beyond brilliant! I've been wanting to do that for years, but I just don't think I have the patience or skill.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Agreed--I've thought about doing something like this but I would never be able to get anywhere close to the brilliance of this result. Stupendous work.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Incredible and beautiful. That was alot of work and to have it all lit must of drove you crazy. I love the cutaways (sadly I missed the Refit poster but I have almost all of the other ones).

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
This thing is beautiful in all aspects but I am totally blown away by the lighting you added. This truly is one of the most impressive builds I have ever seen. Incredible!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts