when you can't see the road
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to Drive

When you can't see the road

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
I heard through the grapevine that SW Ohio will be getting it tomorrow. So I guess I'll get my 90 miles of hell driving to and from work tomorrow. :drunk:

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Hello from the most southern place to ski in the lower 48 in North America....Mt. Lemmon in Tucson Arizona will be open for skis and boards today 12/9/09 :thumbsup: :hat: :dude:

Engage 4WD and slap on those chains ya'll!

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Your plow truck got stuck this AM plowing my driveway, will find it in the spring.
Thats what you get when you send a 1/64 plow! We are gonna get it tonight and tomorrow. Lots of Ice here last night but it melted with the southern wind we had last night. Back side of the low is expected to hit us and we can expect Lake effect to kick in.:freak:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Greeting from snow covered Wisconsin !

I just got done snowblowing my driveway. The snow killed the snowblower at least six times. It is SOOOOOOOO wet and heavy, it's not funny. Though it would be great for building snowmen and snowforts :thumbsup: Schools are closed and not a whole lot moving anywhere. Had to drive my wife to work this morning. We got about 8 inches so far with more coming today. About 50 miles west of me they got 17 inches and counting. What FUN :freak:

Take care all and have a great day :wave:

Scott

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Ahem..................

It's Christmas in Montana,
And the gentle breezes blow,
About seventy miles an hour
And its fifty two below.
You can tell your in Montana,
'cause the snows up to your butt.
And you take a breath of Christmas air,
Your nostrils both freeze shut.
The weather here is wonderful,
So I guess I'll hang around,
I could never leave Montana,

My feet are frozen to the ground!

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
It's Christmas in Montana,
And the gentle breezes blow,
About seventy miles an hour
And its fifty two below.
You can tell your in Montana,
'cause the snows up to your butt.
And you take a breath of Christmas air,
Your nostrils both freeze shut.
The weather here is wonderful,
So I guess I'll hang around,
I could never leave Montana,

My feet are frozen to the ground!
Is that the state song? Kinda like Sweet Home Alabama, My old Kentucky home. or On the banks of the wabash far, far, away?

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Greeting from snow covered Wisconsin !

I just got done snowblowing my driveway. The snow killed the snowblower at least six times. It is SOOOOOOOO wet and heavy, it's not funny. Though it would be great for building snowmen and snowforts :thumbsup: Schools are closed and not a whole lot moving anywhere. Had to drive my wife to work this morning. We got about 8 inches so far with more coming today. About 50 miles west of me they got 17 inches and counting. What FUN :freak:

Take care all and have a great day :wave:

Scott
I assume the path is cleared to the Mustang Garage...Is that like your Batcave?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I assume the path is cleared to the Mustang Garage...Is that like your Batcave?
The Mustang garage is attached to the back of the main garage, so I don't even have to go outside to go in it :thumbsup: All I have to do is put up with the cold in the main garage for about five seconds till I get into the "heated" Mustang garage.

I prefer to think of it as my Mancave, though I am a bit "batty" at times :D

Scott

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Ya know, you guys could conceivably MOVE to a warmer climate.... :D Not that I'm any better off, we have 4 inches of snow and our second measurable snowfall today, but it almost never goes below zero temperaturewise.

Happy shoveling!

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've lived in many places. I'm not complaining about the snow, that is part of why I live here, the four seasons. I lived in Louisiana, could not take the heat in the summer, so what did I do, moved to Iceland for a year.

I don't shovel, I have a 13hp Snowblower

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Born on an Island in the Atlantic, Moved to California, College in the South (Kentucky)now in Indiana. I like where I live. (Close to Ozmont)

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I've lived in many places. I'm not complaining about the snow, that is part of why I live here, the four seasons. I lived in Louisiana, could not take the heat in the summer, so what did I do, moved to Iceland for a year.

I don't shovel, I have a 13hp Snowblower
Well you better have some HP on the UP! I like the four seasons here too, Early Winter, Winter, Late Winter, and (Road) Construction season. :wave:

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Started the bigger jeep up and pulled 4 hi into gear and off I went. Roostin all the way sideways . Then I put her back and took the little jeep. Landlord will be over to plow and I'm at the school now sitting around while maintenance plows and shovels. Ahhhhh so glad I moved! Cushy here in the 75 degree breakroom. Think ill make a phone call.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts