Karl-E. Denmark

#11 Morris Royal Mail Van and #12 Volkswagen Minibus

#13 Austin FX3 Taxi and #14 1954 Packard Convertible

#15 Austin A95 Westminster Countryman and #18 Foden Dumper

#19 Rover 105R and finally the Morestone State Landau

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Nice pics of some very charming little models - thanks for posting them. Somewhere around here I still have my Packard, Austin & Rover from childhood. I hope I can find them! I had forgotten what the boxes looked like.

·
Registered
674 Posts
More nice Budgies!

I have never yet seen #17 Thames delivery with decent paint. Mine even has the box still, but the paint is horrible. I can only guess it was a bad paint batch. The paint used on the early Budgies was notorious for chipping, it was very fragile, but this model seems to suffer the most from that problem.

Somewhere I have #16 Austin Healy, can't seem to find the pic just now. I will say the windshield post stubs are quite fragile, and no doubt punched a hole in more than one bare foot to step on it in the dark, gauging by how many I find with broken posts. I didn't know early on if it was supposed to have a windshield, and finding so many with one post missing and the other still there, I opted for one with both posts missing for uniformity at the time, not realizing it did not come with a windshield. If I find a complete one at a good price later I will upgrade. I doubt a maker could get away with making this again as it is without some modification to the posts.

BTW, nice Foden Tipper with the yellow dump bed! I have two wheel variants, but both of mine have silver beds. I only recently learned of the yellow bed variant.

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
Is the '5 cwt' part of the Van casting name or just a part of the package label? :lurk5:
I know this model as the Ford Thames Van. The "5 cwt" would be a British weight unit of measure in use back at that time (1960 +/-) and I am not familiar, but I don't believe it is metric typically used today. (It would be roughly equivalent to saying "quarter ton" or some such) I think the "5 cwt" is part of the official name, depending what model list you go by, but for brevity I've left it off my list if I recall correctly. It is the only model in the range so designated. Just a quirky little oddball all around.

It appears I did include in the name on my list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts