Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
HOW DO YOU BUILD SO FAST????????????????????

i just opened my box...........

The Kit is NOT fully cemented at this time. It is still basically dry fitted together as I wait for the aftermarket Parts from Paulbo(Paragrafix) and the lighting Package from my friend Randy (Voodo-FX).

The Interior is Airbrushed....I haven't decided weather or not to make opening hatches yet..Or if I want retractable Landing Gear..This build is Far from over...

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even not quite finished it's still a very impressive build. I love the figures. Do they come with the ship?

Sean

Thanks!

No the figures do not come with the ship. They are the Robinson Family figure set that Lunar Models Produced years ago..

I need to detail the faces ETC.. The seated figure is Customized by me, originally he was a standing figure.The rest of the family will be in place shortly, Including the Robot and Dr. Smith..I might add that the Robot is in Scale,,the old Diecast Polar Light/Playing Mantis figure IS NOT.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The Interior is Airbrushed....I haven't decided weather or not to make opening hatches yet..Or if I want retractable Landing Gear..This build is Far from over...
I was thinking about it also. But decided against it. I really dont like the idea of cutting into the kit. Plus the fact that there will be some material loss with cutting which will leave a slight gap which will have fixed with some addtional plastic strip on the door or frame. It will be kinda noticable taking away from the overall look of the exterior.(at least for me, im not to good at the scratchbuilding) I think its best for modelers who are going to enter them in contests.(like Ducttape) That way they have something to showcase as Herb said. But for modelers like me who do it for home display only, its probably not neccessary.

Now the interior door is a different matter. I dont think it will be as noticable.

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking about it also. But decided against it. I really dont like the idea of cutting into the kit. Plus the fact that there will be some material loss with cutting which will leave a slight gap which will have fixed with some addtional plastic strip on the door or frame. It will be kinda noticable taking away from the overall look of the exterior.(at least for me, im not to good at the scratchbuilding) I think its best for modelers who are going to enter them in contests.(like Ducttape) That way they have something to showcase as Herb said. But for modelers like me who do it for home display only, its probably not neccessary.

Now the interior door is a different matter. I dont think it will be as noticable.
I agree with you Sir!

This kit is sooooo well made, I may not bother to have the doors open and close...It's simply that good.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Fantastic work, I have yet to get a J2 here in Canada but its comming next week.
Yay cant wait to see more of your build, all these pics of your kit are super. Thank you for sharing this with us.

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That looks great for a kit that's not finished yet! What, may I ask, is the color/paint that you used for the hull?

Thanks!

I used Tamiya "MICA SILVER"
(TS-76) Spray Paint. I swear by Tamiya Spray Paints..they are as good as as an airbrush! It gives the ship a nice Silver/ Grey Finish.

The finish drys fast and IS very durable..Even with constant handling no finger prints etc..(After it fully dries of course!) However, It stinks to high heaven LOL!!! I recommend doing it out doors.

I will be making several color corrections to the interior, when I finish I will post the Pics for you guys.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Thanks!

(TS-76) Spray Paint. I swear by Tamiya Spray Paints..they are as good as as an airbrush! It gives the ship a nice Silver/ Grey Finish.

The finish drys fast and IS very durable..Even with constant handling no finger prints etc..(After it fully dries of course!) However, It stinks to high heaven LOL!!! I recommend doing it out doors.

I will be making several color corrections to the interior, when I finish I will post the Pics for you guys.:thumbsup:
What color did you use on the walls. It is cold in NJ, so I am looking for something to brush on I guess.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks, I'll have to pick up a can or two this weekend.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts