Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The inspiration for this little vignette comes from a photo I had seen on the net. I think it was taken in Afghanistan. So far this is my interpretation of such a scene of an IED Humvee attack; The name of the dio would be announced after I decide on the figures:

Here is the pic from which I got my inspiration:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
of a scratch built LAV III that I built and now, I have turned it into a Completely destroyed and rotten down vehicle. You can see what it looked like before and after. Just a small note. The bottle on the antenna was removed after the pics were taken.

Before Pics:

After Pics:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought I'd put together a small dio that somewhat depicts vehicles fallen to IED's or heavy attacks which left them totally destroyed and unusable. I had seen quite a few pics of badly damaged vehicles, beyond repairs, just put into a heap or collected together and placed into a 'Junkyard' type for damaged vehicles. So this is my loose representation of such yards during the Iraqi War...

·
Oxidation Genius
31,283 Posts
I have a friend who's a program manager on the Abrams tank. Every once in a while she sends me a picture of a stateside test session that went wrong, usually due to driver error. I always thought some of them would make good model dios.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a friend who's a program manager on the Abrams tank. Every once in a while she sends me a picture of a stateside test session that went wrong, usually due to driver error. I always thought some of them would make good model dios.
John. Great pics. I've only one of these before. But the rest would do perfect in a dio. Thanks for posting these. Ideas ideas...;)

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Those are all good looking models, I might try do do something like that, most of models have been syfy ones, but I might try something like these. if I can keep my computer from freezing.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts