Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

· Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some are all in camera, shooting table top dioramas, while recently I started experimenting doing composite images with basic 3D Paint. I've been doing the best I can within the dingy confines of my basement where lighting conditions are far from ideal, something to keep in mind for the 3D stuff lol!

Junkyard in Space: Used lots of stuff from the old doodads box, should be some recognizable bits & pieces laying around.

It seems to me that the Space Pod always traveled across the screen right from left, not sure we ever saw it from the right side.

A different view of the Spindrift in space.

The Jupiter 2 coming in to land. This was the first time I used 3D paint, to removes the wires.

· Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Starship! That landscape is a place called the Hoodoos in NM. My goal in doing these is to show different settings then what we saw on TV. No stock footage here lol!
Here's the very first composite I did in 3D Paint, I shot the background along the coast here in northeast MA.

I found this background and just had to add the Jupiter 2. I had to crop out a bunch of penguins that were at the bottom of the image!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts