Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went tonight and all of the JL`s are totally gone.I have no clue where the clues have gone :freak:
However,they now have 2 pegs of `precision JL` PRICED AT $3.24 and 2 pegs of `icon jl` priced at $4.24.
It looks like a good sign,now I`d like to seem some JL`s.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
What's with the pricing differences? The new JLs at WM are supposed to be $3.96. Is the higher price for the Coke cars? (haven't seen those out yet)

·
Registered
896 Posts
I went in one local WM on Sunday and the only JLs they had were the Gold Series 3 cars..weren't these TRU exclusives? First I'd seen of them..very nice packaging, nicer than the '07 packaging, IMHO..(esp. the resealable aspect).

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DadsCoronet said:
What's with the pricing differences? The new JLs at WM are supposed to be $3.96. Is the higher price for the Coke cars? (haven't seen those out yet)
not sure,they may have made a pricing goof.They had a case of new ones come through about 2 weeks ago priced at $3.96 each.
All other brands of $2.99 type cars were all clearanced for $1,so someone might have bought the old JL`s already.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
robertwadehall said:
I went in one local WM on Sunday and the only JLs they had were the Gold Series 3 cars..weren't these TRU exclusives? First I'd seen of them..very nice packaging, nicer than the '07 packaging, IMHO..(esp. the resealable aspect).
it was a TRU exclusive.They were released at WM`s on december 24th for some reason.They were dated for that day at the 13 wm`s I went to_OH,they also didn`t ring up,so the cashier entered in $4.24 each for me.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
This might be a little off from your topic, Travis, but doesn't it seem strange that what we're seeing landing on the pegs are only parts of series? (I know, probably the C.A.R.S. assortment). I have only seen the Camaro vert and Talladega from Johnny Retro, only the '59 Caddy and '55 Futura from Classic Gold, only the Javelin and Mustang from Pony Power, etc. Is this typical from RC2? I thought a whole series would come out like it has in the past...
Has anyone seen the '50 Olds 88 yet??

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
glhshelby said:
it was a TRU exclusive.They were released at WM`s on december 24th for some reason.They were dated for that day at the 13 wm`s I went to_OH,they also didn`t ring up,so the cashier entered in $4.24 each for me.
That's unfortunate. The Gold Series 2 cars I found at WM rang up at $1.00.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DadsCoronet said:
This might be a little off from your topic, Travis, but doesn't it seem strange that what we're seeing landing on the pegs are only parts of series? (I know, probably the C.A.R.S. assortment). I have only seen the Camaro vert and Talladega from Johnny Retro, only the '59 Caddy and '55 Futura from Classic Gold, only the Javelin and Mustang from Pony Power, etc. Is this typical from RC2? I thought a whole series would come out like it has in the past...
that`s the same cars that were here also.No olds here

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
robertwadehall said:
Ouch..the ones I got were $5.89 each.
the boxes here had the price right on top of the box which was $4.24. The toy woman opened it and told me to tell the cashier $4.24.The weirdest things is that of the 13 wm`s I went to,I visited 6 of them about 2-3 days later and every one was completely sold out.I`ve also heard from guy`s that bought them at the wm`s I didn`t visit. I believe WM should have got these to begin with instead of TRU and RC2 would have sold out of these the 1st time they were released.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
glhshelby said:
I went tonight and all of the JL`s are totally gone.I have no clue where the clues have gone :freak:
I posted a while back that one day all the clue cars that had been in my WM since I had been a member here it seems like, all disappeared one day.

·
Registered
896 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
This seems to be a pattern...same with Milezone's singles assortment..it seems RC2 is releasing two from some series, then later all 4 as a set...like it seems only 2 of the Pony Power were out, then all 4....currently, 2 from CG, 2 from Johnny Retro, but all four from each don't seem to be out yet..

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
glhshelby said:
the boxes here had the price right on top of the box which was $4.24. The toy woman opened it and told me to tell the cashier $4.24.The weirdest things is that of the 13 wm`s I went to,I visited 6 of them about 2-3 days later and every one was completely sold out.I`ve also heard from guy`s that bought them at the wm`s I didn`t visit. I believe WM should have got these to begin with instead of TRU and RC2 would have sold out of these the 1st time they were released.
The ones where I went this morning came up at $13.76 on the price checker. Talk about a wrong price.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Prices at Wallyworld is excessive. $5.00 a car is outrageous!!!!!!! Again for the 5th time, I've had to walk away. I guess RC2 don't want to sell cars anymore. RC2 is also releasing cars like they are Hotwheels. I really hate seeing an assorted release, and no complete set releases. It's just a massive waste of gasoline. Releasing half-a$$ed assortments,seems like RC2 don't care about what the collector wants. I've complained to RC2 for over a year now, about how they are releasing the cars.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Atencio said:
I posted a while back that one day all the clue cars that had been in my WM since I had been a member here it seems like, all disappeared one day.
Are you sure they didnt get moved to the clearance aisle?
All of the NASCAR stuff at my Wally's got moved their too. :wave:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DadsCoronet said:
I was wrong.The regulars were $3.96 and the others were 4.24.
I opened a case tonight and it had the same cars mix in it and no wl`s.
This makes a total of 34 cases of JL ,and 1 case of GL in the last 3 weeks I`ve opened w/o a chase yet :cry:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dragnet_Supporter said:
New JL's at my WM $3.96...I should go back and include that in my own report!
I called a friend and he`s hit 4 wm`s tonight and all so far have gotten the same case.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts