Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple Ive been monkeying with this past week. First up is my UFO, which has been a brainchild of mine for a while. I dug up some parts making the 2 halves of the actual craft and (crudely) mocked them up with my anal probing grey alien popping outta the top, and a blue lazer beam blasting out of the bottom, ID4 style. Once I get it all painted silver, itll look a lot better:

This is a VERY rough mockup of how I want it to end up. The saucer is a little teeny compared to the rest of it, but its hovering way up there. Cant have a lot of mass that high up or it'll be too tippy.

Im planning on working in a lite bulb or LED under the blue energy blast. It'll be down at the center where the beam hits the base covering the chassis and splatters out in a bunch of nastiness:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next is a Bob-zilla inspired creation. In fact the jeep body is one that I got from ol' Zilla in a trade. Its been sitting around for several months until I finally figured out what I wanna do with it. Again, its a rough mockup, held together with poster putty. Of course, these are the paint colors the parts were stuck with. Lite purple with red=BLECH:

I chopped off the entire front clip so it can have a blown big block completely exposed. The original plastic body's Jeep grille was a pretty poor replica so I hacked out the grille from an extra Tyco jeep to mount in front of the engine. Its kinda old school hotrod looking, which is where I want this to go:

Since I hacked up the tyco anyway I decided to scavenge the lower part of the Jeep with its chassis mounts, solving that problem. I just now realized that sidepipes wont make a lot of sense on a rig that has 4 straight pipes coming off the heads, but anyway....

I got an Evilbay bid on just the perfect Horrorclix figure to ride this beast. Its gonna be a rat rod army jeep so a zombie drill sergeant is a dead perfect match for it:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats uh....a lot of clix there, buddy! A couple other HT'ers (sethndaddy/bobch) got me turned onto these guys. Ive got a small bag of them for crazy drivers as well as for when I eventually set up a permanent layout. I have this idea of a graveyard full of zombies and a haunted castle on a mountain....

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Hey, do I see Godzilla in the lower left corner of the pic?:thumbsup:
That would be one of about 8. I have been cleaning my slot storage (guest room) and organizing stuff.

grungerockjeepe I thought of the zombie graveyard and castle thing. I still plan on a graveyard and some sort of haunted house. I have the Munster Mansion and Addams Family house models. Probably go with a zombie city. Been toying with the idea of getting one of those vibrating football games for some zombie action. Another thing I got to add atmosphere is a smoke machine like people use at Halloween. If I let that run long enough I may be able to make my own zombies.

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
What kind of training did you men have....ARMY TRAINING SIR...

Grunge,

The UFO with the probe..ahahahahahahah that is a great build man!

The Jeep ( glad you like it ) is going to be an Awesum rat rod military Jeep with that crazed drill sergeant. Just watched Stipes last night and that kinda looks like Sergeant Hulka when he is pissed off. ( the big toe ).

The Clix are on the loose...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I knew Ed would like HorrorClix when I found some at my local Comic Book store back when. Ed made me re-think building slots in a Horror way with his Kid Killer Ambulance he made. Movie people make scarry movies so, slot car customizers can build scarry slot cars or any kind of slot car for that matter. Military, UFO, Horror, T.V. show or Movie related vehicles, Nascar, Indy, Dirt Track, landspeed record holder cars, and other race cars, Rusty cars, Dream cars, Hot Rods, Low Riders, Sport cars, cars we owned or own cars, Rescue vehicles, Police, Fire and Ambulance cars and trucks, Semi Trucks, Rice ( just say no! ) cars, etc... Gotta love this place!! :thumbsup:

41-willys,

Man you saw Godzilla before me....Two Shay. :)

22tall,

If we are not all carefull with our builds this place will be hopping with wacked out fun slot cars...hahahahahaah YES!

Bob...don't forget HOOTERS cars...zilla

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
I have the Psycho mansion all ready for the platform, and a few Lemax animated/lighted/with sounds, Halloween houses, I may build in too. Just need to get my lazy arse in gear and get the wires and controllers tied in and figure what kind of mountains I'll come up with (the "great stuff" we have at **** Depot is looking good).

When I get picture worthy stuff, I'll get them posted,, the track is a 4 lane and intersects the train (oh yes..........there will be blood)

Not to go off topic of the original post, I love the alien your working on.
And please, people. Don't buy clicks on fleabay . I have tons and will sell them for 25 cents each.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts