Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, a couple of TH's, including a Super. Both found in the wild, on the front pegs.

The Fairlane was found at Winn-Dixie. I've had good luck there with Hunts.

The Humvee came on a tube of candy.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Very nice finds. Now I guess I will have to add Winn Dixie to my shopping list.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Awesome stuff, especially the Matchbox. When do they become vintage? :) and does that make you vintage too?
Ha, good question. In my book, if they have a metal base, they're vintage. As far as people go. You're not vintage until you have a metal base! So far, I'm alright. :lol:

I know that Mr. John would be impressed that you crack-a-lack your cars.:thumbsup:
Just like Mr. John - I Don't Collect Cardboard! Crack 'em! ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Ha, good question. In my book, if they have a metal base, they're vintage. As far as people go. You're not vintage until you have a metal base! So far, I'm alright. :lol:

I have a three inch (or so) screw in my ankle. Is that metal based enough? At least it's not so much metal I'll go from vintage to antique - yet!

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
That's alright then. I just wasn't sure if 1980s already counts as vintage. I didn't want to feel that old just yet. :dude:

Check your PM or the other thread for a Blackline link. If the guy is happy to ship overseas for about 40 American dollars and if you're happy to pay that, it's your chance. Otherwise you and I might need to sort something out privately.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a three inch (or so) screw in my ankle. Is that metal based enough? At least it's not so much metal I'll go from vintage to antique - yet!
Three inch screw? Why that's only a rivet! :thumbsup:

Would it be fair to say you have diecast collecting in your bones?

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Three inch screw? Why that's only a rivet! :thumbsup:

Would it be fair to say you have diecast collecting in your bones?
:) Well, I guess they did have to rivet my ankle back together. lol

The screw is titanium, does that count as diecast? If so, then yeah, I guess I don't have the diecast bug, I have a diecast bone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts