Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having started this before the big Seaview came out I thought I'd get a wriggle on and finish it befor I kick off on something new...

After doing the Federation dreadnaught I wanted another 3 nacelle ship and after copious hours on the net I started getting an idea from some pics and refferance stuff out there. I guess you'd call it a fast dreadnaught. Shes light wieght and well armoured with 9 twin phaser banks, 4 mega phaser cannons and 2 twin photon launcers. I went with the thinking that the extra nacelle would be used not just for speed but to boost up the shields and feed directly to the phasers.

For those interested why I named it Alexander... That is actually the name that both mine and my wifes is derived from and the registry number is simply my birth year.

It's hard to make out in the pics but I painted this with the little aztec sheets. I think this was a good way to represent some ablative plating... The photon launcers and mega phase cannons are some old Ork bolt guns and pistols from my WH40K bits box and the twin phaser banks are good old trusty sewing pins. Everything else is just a reworked kit with the added plasticard for the top nacelle strut and as per usual I decorated her with the obligatory blast hits and some weathering.

Cheers,

Alec.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I like it--very nicely done! Looks plausible. I like the addition of the refit style phaser banks.

I think the naming and registry number were a clever idea. That's my birth year, too, by the way.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
YIKES! Look out Klingons!

Never cared that much for the Dreadnaught untill I saw yours AJ-1701. You did such a fine job on it and it does look so cool I may just have to concider doing one.

May I as where you got the conversion? Or did you scratch it?

Hal9001-

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the praise gentlemen. :)

Actually hal9001 its a scratch conversion the same as my 1/1000 heavy federation dreadnaught. I just turned the pylons upside down at flattened out the pitch, add the top pylon and twin turpedo housings out of platicard, shortened the dorsal connecting the saucer and for the deflector I just turned it around so it was convex. :thumbsup:

Happy 48th (sometime past or coming) Fozzie. You'd think that with all the letters on the decal sheet that you get it would be easy to get a name...:rolleyes: The idea actually came to me at a dinner party we were at a couple of months back when we had one of those odd conversations, like what do our names mean...

Thanks JohnP :eek::) a single exclaimed word of compliment on the subject of such starship build ups coming from you sir, is high praise for me indeed.

Stimpson J. Cat . I'm glad you like it mate though not a huge fan of them myself... more of a fence sitter really. I'm chuffed it's met a fans liking. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Alec.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts