Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited TRU for the last time before we leave the beautiful sunny skies of California and move east. The local TRU puts out a case or two every third Wednesday, and I've been fortunate enough to snag a few WLs during this past year. Today was the third Wednesday, so I dropped in a little before lunch and bought the Spidey Toronado WL.

I'm thankful for my last find. It's a fitting way to end 30 years of the far left coast.

On August 18th, a WL may be on the pegs at this TRU waiting for someone to pick it up. If you're in the Marin area, drop by and let me know which one it is. Of course, people in Marin by WLs by the cases, so it probably will be bought by a small child who opens it, plays with it, and doesn't care that he just threw away the grand prize winning ticket that was part of the WL he just found.

Kiowa,

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
I thought you were a permanent fixture out there, David. What makes you leave that beautiful area you're in??

:)

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Dang, I've always meant to make it back up in your area camping with the family and possibly meet up with you and the boys, maybe layout some track and do some racing Oh well :( hate to see ya leave. Your going to miss the big Pumpkin Contest! - Have you heard the latest scandel about that yet? There's aready some baby pumpkins that weighed in at 75 plus pounds that have been stolen. It was on the news here, they were Atlantic (I forget) something seeds. Anyway the farmer said they were right on pace to make the 1, 200 pound range, something like that. Anyway David, I usually don't congratulate wl finds but since this might be your last Ca. one - Congrats! Even though you move, never forget your part of this Board- Good Luck and enjoy the change :thumbsup:

R

·
0 Posts
Man, finally getting out of there and going somewhere that needs a CE, huh??

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
robmcin said:
Man, finally getting out of there and going somewhere that needs a CE, huh??
Rob, CE will be behind me except as an occasional consultant, and we'll take that where ever it leads. I'm trading in my "hard hat" -- ha, ha, ha, an engineer wearing a hard hat, now that's funny -- for teaching math or science or literature or maybe even Latin. I'm going to take a year off from work, get my credentials, and be a lowly paid teacher. It's the ultimate paradigm shift.

We'll still grow pumpkins and the sunflowers. And, with the equity that's been built up in the past decade, maybe even have a designated room for my collection.

David

R

·
0 Posts
Kiowa said:
. And, with the equity that's been built up in the past decade, maybe even have a designated room for my collection.

David
With what you can sell you place in Ca for and what you will be able to buy ANYWHERE else in the USA, you should be able to enjoy life for awhile... I am jealous - but in a good way!! :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts