Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the first look of my fnished interior of the Moebius J2. The decals are from Henry at TSDS. In the one pic you will see that he supplied a space pod decal to look like 3d behind the hatch when adding a piece of styrene behind it. I am waiting on the Fusion core from Henry as well. I will post more when I am finished. I have been building for a long time, but I dont have quite the skill of some of the modelers here. With the addition of the decals and fusion core from TSDS , this model really has a museum quality without having to do too much added work. Please let me know what you think, or any suggestions as to what I could have done differently, or added to my build.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Looks pretty good to me :) you did a good job. :thumbsup:

Are you going to use some reflective tape on the edge of the bulk heads to simulate the lightis or maybe some really thin evergreen strips painted up?? Either or would help hide the seams that can be seen on em.

Cheers,

Alec.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Looks good from here. Is the 3D space pod decal in the middle shot on the right side of the picture. Like the window from the pod showing through? Keep up the good work and keep giving us pics so we can get hints and ideas for ours.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the decal is on a piece of plastic , mounted right behind the door to the right of the elevator

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Great job Jaws.:thumbsup: I will probably do mine without cutting into the kit as well, but maybe making add ons as you did with the space pod.

·
www.tsdsinc.com
1,079 Posts
Here is the first look of my fnished interior of the Moebius J2. The decals are from Henry at TSDS. In the one pic you will see that he supplied a space pod decal to look like 3d behind the hatch when adding a piece of styrene behind it. I am waiting on the Fusion core from Henry as well. I will post more when I am finished. I have been building for a long time, but I dont have quite the skill of some of the modelers here. With the addition of the decals and fusion core from TSDS , this model really has a museum quality without having to do too much added work. Please let me know what you think, or any suggestions as to what I could have done differently, or added to my build.
Looks beautiful! Stick a piece of sheet styrene behind that navigation computer and it will make the decals show up better. Also, if you can manage a LED between the space pod hatch and the fake space pod decal, it will look even more "3-D" than it does now!

Outstanding work, though!

--Henry

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interior lighting

My interior is complete, and I added some basic lighting. Just have to finish it off with the fusion core and close this baby up. Maybe I will add lights to the landing gear. I am not sure yet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
My interior is complete, and I added some basic lighting. Just have to finish it off with the fusion core and close this baby up. Maybe I will add lights to the landing gear. I am not sure yet.
Love the photos, very nice job.......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More WIP pics

Everything is painted and finished. Just waiting on the final step to finish up. The Fusion Core, Henry still no word on when the cores will ship out to us? I painted the exterior Krylon grey primer , and top coated with Krylon Brushed Nickle Metallic. I think the color came out really well . I added some blinking yellow lights under each of the landing gear bays. I will send a youtube video once all the lighting is done. If anyone knows how to put a youtube video on here please let me know. This was an awesome build to do. Thanks to all at Moebius for creating a museum quality kit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Everything is painted and finished. Just waiting on the final step to finish up. The Fusion Core, Henry still no word on when the cores will ship out to us? I painted the exterior Krylon grey primer , and top coated with Krylon Brushed Nickle Metallic. I think the color came out really well . I added some blinking yellow lights under each of the landing gear bays. I will send a youtube video once all the lighting is done. If anyone knows how to put a youtube video on here please let me know. This was an awesome build to do. Thanks to all at Moebius for creating a museum quality kit.

Really nice job! I can't wait to see the video!
Mike

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Are you stopping at just the one kit?

·
Registered
303 Posts
holy cow!!!
nice!!
can you give me an idea how long you spend a day working on your J2??

my J2 progress is going well..............i just opened the box...........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts