Hobbyist Forums banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
In the first 7 posts of this thread, I have re-posted my upper deck sketches. I've gotten a couple of messages from people w/o high speed who said they would like to see them. I'll try to leave them up for a while this time. I've cleaned them up a little, adjusted the brightness and contrast so that they should be a little clearer. And I've made a couple more small corrections.
Happy modeling!

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)
I used these drawing to make masters for my 1/24 photoetch and decals. I had to clean up the parts I wanted to use considerably and was left with some really nice graphics, and it would make sense that they go back into these drawings where they came from. So I deleted some attachments from above and am posting these new, cleaner, and sometimes corrected (as a lot of pictures of this stuff with tape measures has shown up in the last 20 years) drawings below. There are still a couple more to come.
These are not intended to be correct grey tones. Just something to show contrast of various components. I am considering coloring these, tho. This is just too much fun.

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 · (Edited)
Okay, the first one colored. I'm surprised color doesn't seem to add anything to file size. This is a 1st season version. The colors are from whatever pictures I could find. The upper deck seems to have been mostly shades of grey in the first season. The green doesn't seem to have appeared until year two. The biggest changes to season 2 were the addition of labels and buttons to the Lift Off Rocket panel and the change from red knobs to white knobs around the radar scanner.
Edit: just as I'm putting everything away, I open a book accidentally to a first season color picture with a bit of the control panel in it. The knobs were mid grey .
I think some phono jacks were also added, but I'm not sure. The control panel cover and seat operating buttons appeared and disappeared randomly.
This rendition looks pretty cool, I have to admit, but I've lost any sense of this being something I drew myself. It looks all computer now. Sigh. I'm not only a rivet counter, I'm a Luddite.

· Premium Member
3,678 Posts
I never noticed the lift shaft going up past the cieling.
It's supposed to line up with the larger of the access panels on the top of the ship. It was never used, but I suppose it would have been nice when you want to get away from the kids and hang out on the roof for a while.

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Reposted all my upper deck drawings, in order, and in their most current form, starting at the beginning of this thread. Deleted all my previous posts to keep this from becoming too confusing. I think I've done pretty much all I'm going to do on then now. Except for the freezing tube computers, which I still plan to revise and make clearer. Also added a few color pictures from the 1st season which I've not seen anywhere else. If anyone has any 1st season color photos, I'd love to see them!

81 - 100 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.