Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Very nice. Of course you are missing the blue with 6 roundel on the front. Of course if you are anything like me, you will end up with a bunch because the roundel appears in different places in the print.

:) :D :p

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
I have it in red without the regestration number on the bonnet. This has to be one of their best castings. I'd like to find some more of them in different colors, but I'm willing to wait until I can find them "In The Wild". I like the thrill of the hunt!

Damn that chip in the paint! I didn't notice that when I took this photo. I'll have to retake it from the other side, or do my best to match the color when I get around to paint detailing it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice. Of course you are missing the blue with 6 roundel on the front. Of course if you are anything like me, you will end up with a bunch because the roundel appears in different places in the print.

Thank you very much:)
blue is really nice, I hope to find it one day...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have it in red without the regestration number on the bonnet. This has to be one of their best castings. I'd like to find some more of them in different colors, but I'm willing to wait until I can find them "In The Wild". I like the thrill of the hunt!
Damn that chip in the paint! I didn't notice that when I took this photo. I'll have to retake it from the other side, or do my best to match the color when I get around to paint detailing it.
red is superb,:cool: do not worry about minor scratches. You can touch-up with a enamel paint.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Great Jaguars. There is also the Lesney Edition:

Question: disregarding the tampos, is the rest of the car what they call ZAMAC?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yes it is zamac. Zamac is a clear coating for metal that stops it from going rusty or anything.

Of course there is a variation of this model I should point out.

This is the 2009 Best Of British Jag E-type. Apart from being British Racing green which is a shade of green I love, it also has my name on the tampo printing on the side. Just in front of the 23 roundel it has Tilley and Heralda. The front number plate states "homage". Michael Heralda (the guy at Mattel who designed this model) stated that it was him paying homage to me.

So this is my clear #1 example of this casting. It is also the only one I officially collected more than 1 of. My parents have an example and my best friend has an example even though neither collect Matchbox. But as it had my name on it they wanted an example as a momento. Well in the case of my parents it has their name, as it is the surname that is on the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts