Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I normally don't go for the White Lightnings in the series that JL makes. But a certain model I just HAD to have. That would be the new '69 Trans Am Convertible from the 60's Sizzle series that was just released. I tried to hit Rob Mac up if he had any so that I could find one, but to no avail. All of his were in blue, which I originally thought the interior was black from the pics. Anyways, last Thursday, I went to see him at his home in Eureka to pick up my order of stuff, which included two of the regular '69 T/A's. One to open and drool, the other to hang on the wall to admire. I'd figure that I would have to sell my soul to just get my hands on the piece. But as luck would have it, I would only have to go to Oakbrook...

Last Friday, my Dad and I went to the Chicago Auto Show. The route we were taking just happened to be on the same road that the Learning Curve store is on in Oakbrook, IL. (Maybe I just happened to plan it that way, but none the less, it's on the same street with a straight drive to McCormick Place.) I'd figure that I would stop by for a pit stop to see if they had any product in the store, after hearing about all the rumors and such, I guessed that there wouldn't be any if not little product. I was wrong...

It had been a while since I have seen THIS MUCH product on the shelves. Was I in zinc heaven? YES. I almost didn't want to go to the show after seeing this. Hence, the pictures for posterity. I figured that I'd might as well look to see if they did have any of my Holy Grail in regular form, as they had all the cars in the different series on the same pegs for ease of searching. I found the T/A's and I started to sift through them. Blue, Blue, Blue, Blue, White... What??? Yep. Lightning striked me...

I was in shock. Of ALL the places in the world, this was the one that I figured that I would NEVER find this car. I figured that epay or a trade would have been my only route, but this find saved my wallet. At least until I got to the checkout and it rang up $4.99. But I didn't complain, it would probably cost me more for it elseware and I would NEVER in my life stumble upon it again in the wild. My task had been completed. My Holy Grail had been found. Strangely enough, after talking to the clerk at the checkout, she said that a guy was in the night before looking for whites. Must have missed this one! :thumbsup:

I'd figured that with my luck, I should have stopped there and go home. But no, we proceded to the show. Where we got in to it for free after a gentlemen gave us two tickets as my Dad and I were walking over the catwalk to the show...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
please tell me you bought that coke bug hanging in the pic !!!

ive seen a total of 17 new jl cars here in my town at 10 stores that sell jl cars no wls no vws i got lucky out of town/state and got a wl from the coke set and 2 coke bugs down in dalles ore. but im dieing here trying to find another coke bug pretty bad when i got to go out of state to find a car lol

where is that store at in your pic? wish there was a place like that anywhere here in wa.

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
vw-wl-collector said:

ive seen a total of 17 new jl cars here in my town at 10 stores that sell jl cars no wls no vws i got lucky out of town/state and got a wl from the coke set and 2 coke bugs down in dalles ore. but im dieing here trying to find another coke bug pretty bad when i got to go out of state to find a car lol

where is that store at in your pic? wish there was a place like that anywhere here in wa.
http://www.learningcurvetoys.com/?gclid=CM_M6-6PwIoCFRISSQodKk1ijA

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vw-wl-collector said:
Unfortunately, no. I didn't. All I bought there was the WL T/A along with another regular T/A and the Retro GTO.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Great find on that sizzle. Those pics are amazing. I've never seen that many JL's in one place before. I wish the stores around here would get more of the new stuff. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some shots of the Regular release...

From the driver's side:

From the passenger's side:

Overhead:

And finally, the interior:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts