Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Sean, very good and nice paint job. You did the same thing as I accept I didn't light the robot eyes. So what is the wire on the side? Did you get a chance to see mine?

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Nice build, nice colors, and great lighting. I also have yet to light a model for the first time but yours turned out great. I have one suggestion, not a critique, that you might want to consider brushing a dark green wash into the musculature to bring out the depth and contrast with the green. I used Citadel green wash on mine and thought it added nicely for effect.

Bob K.

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sean, very good and nice paint job. You did the same thing as I accept I didn't light the robot eyes. So what is the wire on the side? Did you get a chance to see mine?
Thanks! The wire runs to the mini battery. I know it looks a little wonky, and I was going to glue this down, but I've found that it's much easier to replace the battery if this is left free.

Yes, I saw your take on this, Chinxy, and it looks really cool. Superb job. This kit is just begging to be lit, isn't it? Steven Lee, an admin over at The Clubhouse, also lit the robot's chest, as well as his eyes.

Great job; like the lighting you did. The uniform's color if perfect, too.

James
Thanks, James!

Cool looking build up Sean!
Thank you, Night-Owl!

wonderful paint job on this great kit!... Terry did an outstanding job on the box artwork!
Thanks very much, Ian. This is a marvelous kit. Terry also designed it, as well as the box art.

Nice build, nice colors, and great lighting. I also have yet to light a model for the first time but yours turned out great. I have one suggestion, not a critique, that you might want to consider brushing a dark green wash into the musculature to bring out the depth and contrast with the green. I used Citadel green wash on mine and thought it added nicely for effect.

Bob K.
Thanks, Bob! I was wondering if I should have drybrush GL's green section with a lighter color. But a darker wash would work much better.

Sean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts