Hobbyist Forums banner

My Gmc Syclones

994 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  SURPLUSgoodies 
#1 ·

took me awhile to complete but was worth it the KISS syclone WL was my hardest WL i ever tracked down enjoy!!!

See less See more
#4 ·
Great collection... I'm approaching it, but I don't know if I'll ever get the KISS and Working Class WL's.

Toy Vettes: It is a "Pace Truck". GMC Truck supplied the "Official Trucks" of the 1992 Indy 500, and that included a few Syclones. It was kind of ironic since the Syclone was already out of production by that point. They didn't have any Typhoons at Indy, either.

#6 ·
Toy Vettes said:
Any idea of where I can find pictures? The Allante was the pace car of the 92 indy, where do the trucks fit in?
I shouldn't have said "Pace truck" in my original post... sorry about that. They were the "Official trucks" of the race in 1992... a duty the Allante obviously couldn't fill. There's a brief article (and small picture) from the July '92 issue of Sport Truck here: http://www.sportmachines.com/magrack/sport_truck_7-92.html

I'll look for some more info, but that's all I can locate right now.

#11 ·
Horseplay said:
I see one sometimes right by my house, Dads friends owns it. My dad ran him in his Fox Body GT Years ago. They are very quick Trucks... They will surely give a 2 Gen SVT Lightning a run.
They give a lot of things a run. 4.3L AWD Grand Nationals. Easy to mod and you'll never know. 0-60 in 5-5.5 and 1/4 in 13.4-14.3 in stock trim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.