Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Chiller exclusive glow version -- and am really liking this kit. I'll build the glow figure as is, and leave it 100% glow (no paint) -- but am making some modifications for the non-glow figure and base.

To start with, I'm reworking the head. Pics show the work so far. Will post more as I make progress. The major thing is to add a little to the upper bridge of the nose to change the angle, and then build up the brow. Though I didn't stop there....

Original head:

Resculpt started:

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Looks great so far Terry...and if you have to break out the putty to fill the seam in the head anyway...why not try to correct a few things while your at it...right?

Keep us posted and thanks for sharing the pics!

MMM

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
If you want to try to reshape the kit parts, pick up one of the glow Chiller specials. Its the same price as the regular kit but with two complete figures... that way if you fudge it up you have extra parts!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Has anyone tried to reposition the feet so that they nore closley resemble the box picture? I would think it would be an easy fix.
What type of putty do ypu use Terry? I use Squadrom White putty for seams, will this work for re-sculpting?
Thanks!

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Has anyone tried to reposition the feet so that they nore closley resemble the box picture? I would think it would be an easy fix.
What type of putty do ypu use Terry? I use Squadrom White putty for seams, will this work for re-sculpting?
Thanks!
Louspal,
You'd be better off using something like AVES Apoxie Sculpt. It doesn't shrink as much as Squadron...I've used AVES with GREAT results!

MMM

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm using Aves. Yes, a half inch off the bottom of the legs will work wonders -- but the arms are just a smidge too long as well. The sleeves are right -- there's just too much arm sticking out of 'em -- I've shaved a quarter inch off them, and the proportions now look much better. Adjusting the position of the feet is no biggie. The fingers can be repositioned a bit with just a little heat and some careful pressure. the photo of Karloff on the instruction sheet is just about the same scale as the kit -- great for comparing and adjusting. The door as constructed seems too complicated to thin down -- but I am cutting away a bit of the floor. There's just too much base here for my tastes (and shelf space). Pictures eventually....

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Great work as always Terry! :thumbsup: I'm thinking about making something to put in the empty space to the left of the door. The photo shows a large trunk but maybe some kinda electrical lab gizmo instead. Looking forward to seeing more pics!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
There are many good putties that will work for sculpting and repositioning. Aves, Procrete, Milliput, Tamiya Epoxy Putty and even most hardware store A+B plumbers putty sticks

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Looking Good Terry :thumbsup: Please post more pictures...
I'm doing a little resculpting myself and making the forehead higher
covering the forehead hair which I'll paint in after...
Fun Times Man :thumbsup:
Mcdee

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pics of the work so far. Did all the changes mentioned previously -- also added some texture to the base with Aves and modeling paste. A little clean-up and it'll be ready for priming and painting. (Some parts just placed on the base -- not all glued yet.)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts