Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I have been in such awe of the built talent here I was embarrassed to post anything of my own.. haha... But in the spirit of halloween I figured I would show this guy off...

I got him off of ebay as an unpainted and unloved (but built) frightening lightning kit. I painted him up, fixed some of the broken parts, and added some new parts (the real chain) to replace some of the missing stuff...

I gave him a "real" dirt ground with a slow water leak affect... I also cut out the plastic bars and made some bars out of wood!

Would love a little feedback on my build!

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
My favorite Aurora kit! You've done a Great Job on it Too :thumbsup: Thanks for posting this Creepy kit so close to Halloween:wave:
Mcdee

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Great work!!! I never thought to cut out the doorway and add bars - looks much more realistic. I like the real chains - I did that on a Bride b/up once and really makes a difference in the realism!! Keep up the good work and dont be afraid to post pics. (I should talk!!! Never done that yet myself!).
Steve

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Tylerh,

Looks GREAT! Love the chains and the open wooden bars you added!
Don't be shy....just share the brownies!;)

MMM

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
He came out looking great, Tyler. All your little 'extra touches' really make it stand out - Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Perfect time of year! Looks great! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Let me join the chorus, Tyler. I love your use of color on this guy. The stones in the wall and the leaky ceiling effect are terrific.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome aboard !

Hi All!

I have been in such awe of the built talent here I was embarrassed to post anything of my own.. haha... But in the spirit of halloween I figured I would show this guy off...

I got him off of ebay as an unpainted and unloved (but built) frightening lightning kit. I painted him up, fixed some of the broken parts, and added some new parts (the real chain) to replace some of the missing stuff...

I gave him a "real" dirt ground with a slow water leak affect... I also cut out the plastic bars and made some bars out of wood!

Would love a little feedback on my build!

Thanks all!

Awesome work Tyler !!!!!!!! Welcome aboard !!

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Welcome to the BB Tylerh. Kudos for a very cool paint job and some very nifty tweaking on FP! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WOW! Thanks for all the positive feedback :)

If anyone is interested, I got the chain at a bead shop (like one of those jewelry making bead shops) It was not expensive at all...

The "water" is glossy clear nailpolish, and the dirt is just a really fine clay type dirt I happen to have in my front yard :)

I was proud that I did it all with only 5 paint colors :) red, yellow, blue, black and white

1 - 19 of 19 Posts