Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum, so I thought I'd start off by sharing my first attempt at a resin model kit -- the 1/2500-scale Coventry class from Odyssey Slipways.

The decals are a mix; some are a custom set from JT Graphics, and I added some decals I had left over from a Cadet Series TOS-E to embellish it a bit.

She's called the USS Bombay, after one of the ships in the highly awesome Star Trek Vanguard book series (seriously, go and read it -- the first book has one of the most kick-ass space battles I've ever seen put to paper :cool:). Who knows, if I'm feeling brave I might attempt a scratch build of Starbase Vanguard to go with her... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. :)
I don't know how well it shows up in the photos, but I was really happy with how the bussards turned out -- I saw this technique where you paint them copper or gold and then paint over with a very thin layer of clear red. It gives you this great deep crimson that looks way better than plain metallic red paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.