Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
37,152 Posts
It looks nice in the photo. How do you feel about once you have it loose?

·
Super Moderator
2,061 Posts
How is the fit and finish? They sometimes have quality issues, but this looks like a pretty nice one from the photo.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Nice one - like many brands if you like the first one there will be more to follow. :) I am partial to their '50's era cars but as noted one does have to watch the fit and finish on these.

·
Administrator
37,152 Posts
The actual hood line or the intake scoop used?

M2 now has 10 different 1970 Mustang versions according to Fandom. I think they do a really good job on getting the details right but there is not a really good history on their design efforts I have been able to find. They do change up paint details and wheel sets but I think the body stays the same for most of them which can limit actual factory builds eventually.

I dont know the finer details of the Mustangs to know an CJ from SCJ though!

·
Super Moderator
2,061 Posts
We're focusing a lot in M2 Machines over at hobbyDB right now. We have someone who does consulting for Castline and he has direct contact with the team there, which has been really helpful. I've been learning more about them as we go and it seems like they also change up parts like the grill and bumpers to represent different trim levels and model years within the same generation. I don't think they change details on the actual metal casting itself though unless they make a completely new model, so the hood might have had to be some sort of compromise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts