Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Excellent! I already offer the '70 Pinto in vacuformed form and will be offering the Mustang II in about a month. Both these cars scream for slot car conversions, and there are a couple of others such as the Chevy Chevette and AMC Gremlin in the same line that would be cool.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
The Vega I saw was from the American Grafitti collection and had a pretty hefty engine sticking out of the hood, but would still look great on a slot car. I grew up near a track that raced Pinto's, Vega's and VW's on a short oval. There's also an AMC Pacer...not sure how that would handle though. :X

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi JW-

A belated welcome to the HT board!

Honestly, I don't do or care much for DC conversions...

But these do look good on a chass'. Looks to be a great wheelbase fit as well-

I sure would like a II done in resin!

Still nice work ...:thumbsup:

Cheers..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that would be hot. Growing up the Vega was the car that alot of hot rodders where fixing up. Dropping 350's in them and taking it to the drag strip. You don't see alot of them around anymore. I have a die cast Mustang King Cobra that I'm gonna convert soon I hope. I haven't got the hang of casting yet. Otherwise I would make a plastic version of it.
Jeff
JWL Slot Cars

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Boss, The mid 70's Mustangs would be good ones. There are alot of variation in Cobra II colors plus the King Cobra. Someone could take the same mold and produce about 7 different versions. If I get the hang of casting That will probably be one of the first cars I do.
Jeff
JWL Slot Cars

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Win,
I don't know if the T-Jet can handle the extra weight of the Metal. I converted a 1/72 scale die cast Mustang onto a T-jet. It ran well for a while but the chassis eventually went up in smoke. Marchons handle the weight better than others.
Jeff

·
Registered
807 Posts
JWL,,
Welcome to world of HT crew..
Love to see new blood in the custom scene.. Those are some awsome lookin DC conversions as others said... Keep them comin.. and a cobra II or king would be awsome..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
78 King Cobra conversion

I had this car sitting around and had a few minutes. Its fitted with a Marchon Chassis. I still need to do a little dremel work to to reattach the back bumper and possibly trimming the wheels wells to lower it a little. The 05 GT is a yao ming die cast body (Wal-Mart $1). I originally had it on a model motoring T-jet chassis and I burnt it up. I put a AW T-jet Chassis on it this time to see if it holds up any better.
Jeff
JWL Slot Cars
[/URL]

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I made a TJET version of that several years ago. I'll post some pictures tonight

Roger Corrie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts