Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got a few of my first customs done and my first diorama. the diorama is not 100% completed its still missing a light stand, decals and detailing on the walls the little space between the walls is just a maintenance entrance/emergency vehicle entrance. i know the backdrop does not look great as it was a random one i pulled from a calender! need to find a better one as well that will match up with the emergency road. onto the pictures!

first picture is of a 96 chevy 1500 HW drag truck that i lowered, swapped wheels, repainted and detailed also there is my wifes car i did for her which is an infinity G37 HW, did a wheel swap and painted grille. the factory wheels that come on these G37's look like lamborghini wheels so that's where the wheels for that is going. also note the gloss on both cars, i made some small 1.25" polishing pads out of some older polishing pads i use for 1:1 detailing and made an attachment for my dremel to use the pads...so yes every one of my hotwheels gets polished using same methods i do on a 1:1 LOL...im addicted to gloss! they also get a coat of paint sealant as well.

next up is just a wheel swapped datsun 510, took the wheels from the 1500 for now, the factory wheels i put on the 1500, the original wheels looked like it was on some 20" wheels and that is not right for a race car LOL. this one will be getting more custom work done such as removing most of the tampos, i want to keep the matte hood but want the tampos on it gone...

and here is a full shot of my diorama, as i said its not 100% finished but would show off my first attempt at making one!. everything on it i made my self except for the raw materials, even the "grass" i made by using some sandpaper on a old foam compounding pad and custom mixed some paint colors to get the correct shades of green...reason why i made the grass is due to no hobby shops close by they are all over an hour or more drive one way.

hope you guys enjoy my work, i had fun making it all!. sorry for the small pictures i have not figured out how to post full size yet.

·
Registered
359 Posts
No need to apologize the photos are working fine, you just click on them and they get big. The dioramas and customs are the start of some great work. Excellent job on the racing curve and the customs are good too. Keep it up, Welcome to the forum, Glade to have talented people to share. Vernon

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Wow, very nice indeed! I have been planning something like this, but I did not see it so complete or detailed in my mind. This is really nice work indeed!

How did you make the curbs? Those are as good as any I have ever seen!

Welcome aboard,
Ward

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
so i got a few of my first customs done and my first diorama. the diorama is not 100% completed its still missing a light stand, decals and detailing on the walls the little space between the walls is just a maintenance entrance/emergency vehicle entrance. i know the backdrop does not look great as it was a random one i pulled from a calender! need to find a better one as well that will match up with the emergency road. onto the pictures!

first picture is of a 96 chevy 1500 HW drag truck that i lowered, swapped wheels, repainted and detailed also there is my wifes car i did for her which is an infinity G37 HW, did a wheel swap and painted grille. the factory wheels that come on these G37's look like lamborghini wheels so that's where the wheels for that is going. also note the gloss on both cars, i made some small 1.25" polishing pads out of some older polishing pads i use for 1:1 detailing and made an attachment for my dremel to use the pads...so yes every one of my hotwheels gets polished using same methods i do on a 1:1 LOL...im addicted to gloss! they also get a coat of paint sealant as well.

next up is just a wheel swapped datsun 510, took the wheels from the 1500 for now, the factory wheels i put on the 1500, the original wheels looked like it was on some 20" wheels and that is not right for a race car LOL. this one will be getting more custom work done such as removing most of the tampos, i want to keep the matte hood but want the tampos on it gone...

and here is a full shot of my diorama, as i said its not 100% finished but would show off my first attempt at making one!. everything on it i made my self except for the raw materials, even the "grass" i made by using some sandpaper on a old foam compounding pad and custom mixed some paint colors to get the correct shades of green...reason why i made the grass is due to no hobby shops close by they are all over an hour or more drive one way.

hope you guys enjoy my work, i had fun making it all!. sorry for the small pictures i have not figured out how to post full size yet.

Hey bro welcome to the board and use a hosting site like Photobucket.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
forgot to say, the curbing is just that foam board with paper on both sides, i removed the paper and cut it into scale sized strips(however wide you want) then i sliced each strip in half thickness wise to make the foam thinner, then i placed a ruler on the strip and at certain marks i took my xacto and made a nick all the way through the foam all the way down the strip. after that you just lightly score each nick and use the backside of the blade to make individual bricks. reason for the slices on the edges is as relief cuts so the foam makes a smooth curve and don't bunch up. hope this helps. if not i can make a pictorial or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.