Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've done some wheels swaps and various other small customizing things here and there but I finally broke out the dremel and did my first real custom or what I would consider a real custom.. grinding, painting, cutting.. etc. I had fun doing it but I don't have the patience or free time to do as many as I'd like to do.

Anyways, I took the roof off of the JL Falcon Delivery and slapped it on a JL 65 Nova. I wish diecast companies would make more wagons but I guess since they haven't I'd give it a try.

It was my first time ever using the metal foil stuff also. I don't think I'd do that again on a diecast car. I did a practice run on some spare parts that I had and it turned out great. Not so much when it came to the real deal. haha. The tips on here were very helpful though!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and a couple of other pictures..

I have a huge respect for what you guys do on here after trying this on my own.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Wow man, you done great!!!! Ambitious for a first custom too.
Someone as good as you will hace an easy time improving and refining the art.
Can't wait to see the next victim!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have to mirror the others, that turned out REALLY well. You've got more detail than either mother-piece, and got all the pieces to line up. It looks like you passed your first patience test with flying colors!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
First time...your crazy...that looks FANTASTIC! What a great concept, and the drag vibe is awesome. Thanks for sharing and do it again, you should be very proud of that build!

Ward

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
^^^What they all said^^^^^

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm a wagon dude too! I hope to see many more wagons from you soon!

:woohoo: AAA+++

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the kind words guys. My dad has been a drag racer since I was a wee lad and he builds his own 1:1 cars so I guess some of it rubbed off on me. These are just more affordable. haha.

BRIDE..?? hahaa.. I think I need a drink!

Yea, I'm not sure what I'll follow this one up with. It may take me awhile to get another idea. hah

·
Registered
799 Posts
That is the worst first custom ive ever seen! please send to me so I can properly dispose of!!!! LOL that is awsome I only wish my first custom turned out that good.Keep em coming!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts