Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the parents today and was handed a box...

I loved the orange and yellow Vettes!! That's a Challenger int he back, 57 chevy and a chrome(?) mustang and the yellow is a Mach 1 looking Mustang

A corgi Batmobile, dukes of hazzard charger, couple of funny cars and the red & white were part of my first track set.

I think everyone had the ELF Porsche! Matchbox Pantera, Richard Petty superbird ( I think the other stock cars were added to my collection by my little cousin)

My "speed racer" cars. The 2 #8 Lamborghini's, one has a chrome motor/interior, the other grey plastic. I also had a black permanent marker at this time also and apparently some cars needed a new look! #89 has two little fan like things in the back that turn as the car is rolled along

And of course fire and rescue! Starsky and hutch in the front, Caddilac ambulance and the yellow/green wrecker were among my favorites.

Granted my collection today is a lot more impressive, but no where near as entertaining as these were! Hope my trip down memory lane broght back some for you too!

·
Premium Member
13,378 Posts
Memories!..........What GREAT TREASURES! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dear All:

Nice,to say the least.Is my experience that the first ones in a collection are the most treasured ones.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Thanks for sharing and the pics. That's quite a collection of great cars. I'm 52 and for whatever reason, I was more into model cars in the late 60's early 70's. Wish I had more of an interest in the "little" cars back then.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Looks like you kept a couple original Lesney Sky-Busters as well.

Fans of the current Matchbox Streakers would want to note a pair of original Streakers from around 1975, the red Countachs in photo #5.

It looks as though you were collecting these into the 80s as you have some of the early Hong Kong Matchbox (i.e. Orange Peel Charger, blue Pantera). I agree, the Superfast #13 Dodge wrecker (released around 1970) is a good one.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tone said:
Looks like you kept a couple original Lesney Sky-Busters as well.

Fans of the current Matchbox Streakers would want to note a pair of original Streakers from around 1975, the red Countachs in photo #5.

It looks as though you were collecting these into the 80s as you have some of the early Hong Kong Matchbox (i.e. Orange Peel Charger, blue Pantera). I agree, the Superfast #13 Dodge wrecker (released around 1970) is a good one.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
I guess back then it wasn't really collecting as it was playing. Smashing into rocks and in the sand at the playground (cars are good in the bathtub too!) The 007 car was in the water in the movie! The Pantera and "orange peel" I remember getting, around that time I knew I wanted fast cars and not the regular ole' sedan types.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts